Fitting Roll bars

Charlotte001

Ex. Club Member
I'm considering fitting anti roll bars, I've read that there are some theoretically universal ones, or they fit more than one set of cars. Would a strutt brace do the job, removing most of the body roll? Never had experience of Strutt braces so wouldn't know. Has anyone fitted Anti Roll bars to a K10? I can't find any references on the forums.

What's involved, is it possible, practical and will it remove the body roll ? I'm getting a little fed up of going round roundabouts at 15mph and having the tyres squeel like I'm doing 100

Charlotte

Charlotte

A strut brace won't have much effect unless you change the suspension too. Like shocks and springs. Not sure who still does roll bars for the k10, try demon tweeks or rallynuts. And make sure you have a decent set of tyres fitted too.

Bigger wheels and tyres are you first port of call I rekon.

Then the K10 has an Anti Roll bar for the back, go find one of those.... The 1.2's had them on and Super, Super S and some other models. You have to replace a few suspension components etc, shouldnt be too difficult, I nearly did it on my old car but the bolts were rusted in.

Theres a thread about that somewhere.

Thats right, Get a K10 rear anti roll bar they are about if you look. The only K10 to have a front roll bar was the March ST. You may beable to buy one from nissan, Although I have never asked.

I highly recommend sticking a strut brace on a K10, aswell as uprated springs, shocks, wider performance tyres. I've also fitted bump stops to mine which pretty much makes the suspension solid

The car has never swung out or let me down since doing all of the above, but it still doesnt match the handling of Eds ST

I'm getting a little fed up of going round roundabouts at 15mph and having the tyres squeel like I'm doing 100

Charlotte

Charlotte

How tight are the roundabouts around your area hehe. I can throw my K10 around more than i thought and its never really lost grip except once when on cold tyres and wet road in a concrete carpark (shiny floor). But i want a strutt brace as well if you can find one can you let me know where from, maybe they will do a deal if we buy 2 :)

The roundabouts are normal large ones, as I drive straight over the moronic tiny ones. Thinking it could be the tyres as they are the cheapo nasty ones, cheaper than Toyo or Khumo waiting to see how much a set of Michelin energys are once I've got larger wheels.

I am interested in both roll bar and strutt brace can you send me an E-mail with costings please.

[email protected]

Thanks

You can find more details about his parts for sale in the thread he has setup.

Back