Fitting Remote Central Locking System

Hi. I have a k11 Nissan Micra (year 2000). The key for the drivers door is pretty dodgy - It can be very stiff at times and take several attempts to open. Thus, I decided to purchase a remote central locking unit on ebay for around £20. The package comes with wires and whatnot, and also an installation diagram showing what connects where.

I honestly have no experience with electronics or cars. I'm pretty much a girl when it comes to this, but I wanted to give myself a challenge of doing it. Is there any instruction thread I could follow maybe? Or just something to give some direction.

Thanks

7WXnaPT.png

IPnrfL7.png

If you have central locking in the car you need to find a unit under the dash on the drivers side (on a LHD car at least) it is attached by a golden metal bracket right under the steering wheel etc.

I have installed two of these cheap chinese "keyless entry" kits, one on a -01 1.0 base model which had a light green with a red stripe cable and a yellow silver-dotted cable that unlocked or locked the door.
Sadly I don't remember which cable is which but you can try it by touching it with a +12 source (door has to be closed in order for it to lock)

The other one was a -96 1.3 GX and on this car I had to add the other cable myself. The wires were located on the same place in the plug as the -01 but this one was missing one of the cables.

The only picture I have is this quite crappy one:
9b2ac479b5f35b9786ac5fc35aab60b95ac242fc.jpg

The cable bunch to the left is the one you want, the other cables are cut and taped from when I was testing which cables reacted to the signals.

Hopefully that gives you somewhat of an idea.

I've been meaning to to a write-up on a keyless entry install incl. trunk popper since I had a hard time finding out how make it work in a Micra but right now I'm not in the same country as my car so that will have to wait.

Attachments

• micra remote.jpg
    micra remote.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 1,150
Last edited:
If you have central locking in the car you need to find a unit under the dash on the drivers side (on a LHD car at least) it is attached by a golden metal bracket right under the steering wheel etc.

I have installed two of these cheap chinese "keyless entry" kits, one on a -01 1.0 base model which had a light green with a red stripe cable and a yellow silver-dotted cable that unlocked or locked the door.
Sadly I don't remember which cable is which but you can try it by touching it with a +12 source (door has to be closed in order for it to lock)

The other one was a -96 1.3 GX and on this car I had to add the other cable myself. The wires were located on the same place in the plug as the -01 but this one was missing one of the cables.

The only picture I have is this quite crappy one:
9b2ac479b5f35b9786ac5fc35aab60b95ac242fc.jpg

The cable bunch to the left is the one you want, the other cables are cut and taped from when I was testing which cables reacted to the signals.

Hopefully that gives you somewhat of an idea.

I've been meaning to to a write-up on a keyless entry install incl. trunk popper since I had a hard time finding out how make it work in a Micra but right now I'm not in the same country as my car so that will have to wait.

Thanks a heap for the help! I'll probably start working on it on Monday morning so I'll let you guys know how I get on. Least I have some good direction now, really appreciate it mate!

Back