fitting remote central locking and getting the indicators to flash

hey!

i fitted the microscan remote central locking kit to my non central locking K11 about 5 years ago.

my brother now has the car and wants to get the indicators to flash!

the kit only has the 1 pink wire to make the lights flash, i've removed the hazzard switch but with 8 wires, which one do i tap into?

i've searched the forum and found that people have wired straight to the indicators, but in doing so makes both flash at the same time when moving the indicator stalk!

what do i need to do to get them to work independently via the stalk, both flash when pressing the hazzard switch and both flash when he presses the lock/unlock on the keyfob?

any tips would be great!

cheers

jammy

you could also buy a couple of diodes like these http://www.maplin.co.uk/6a-silicon-rectifiers-46413 and split the pink wire into two wires and solder one diode into each wire with the silver band on the flow side to the indicator ,these parts only allow power to flow in one direction so put them in the wrong way round and your light wont flash you can test them with a multimeter on the continuity setting, check them the wrong way around open circuit

you could also buy a couple of diodes like these http://www.maplin.co.uk/6a-silicon-rectifiers-46413 and split the pink wire into two wires and solder one diode into each wire with the silver band on the flow side to the indicator ,these parts only allow power to flow in one direction so put them in the wrong way round and your light wont flash you can test them with a multimeter on the continuity setting, check them the wrong way around open circuit

Yeah I guess that's what i'll have to do. I was hoping for a wire used by the hazzards which did that for me, but aww well! :/

Easiest and most obvious place to tap in is at the hazard switch. This is what i done and it didnt take long to figure out

For reasons beyond me, the hazzzard switch has 8 wires. One of these 8 wires make all the indicators on the left flash and one does the same on the right.
I cant connect both without diodes or when indicating normally, i get hazzards.

There does not appear to be a single wire within the hazzards bunch of wires which cause both to indicate.

My kit has only one wire.
I ended up breaking open an old laptop power supply, extracting some Diodes and wiring up my own circuit using them and the two indicator wires.

Now all I need is to somehow get the car finder function to work by finding the horn negative wire.
No luck so far!

I tried wiring the twin air horns on mine to the car finder wire on my remote central locking. But because the horn uses a negative wire instead of a positive it means the horn is constantly on until you press the car finder button which switches it off for the given time. Gave me a hell of a shock when i had my head under the bonnet to reconnect the battery! haha! :p

Does anyone know a way to solve this though? :)

I tried wiring the twin air horns on mine to the car finder wire on my remote central locking. But because the horn uses a negative wire instead of a positive it means the horn is constantly on until you press the car finder button which switches it off for the given time. Gave me a hell of a shock when i had my head under the bonnet to reconnect the battery! haha! :p

Does anyone know a way to solve this though? :)
use a relay, so the car finder wire feeds the relay, then the relay feeds the horn

My kit has only one wire.
I ended up breaking open an old laptop power supply, extracting some Diodes and wiring up my own circuit using them and the two indicator wires.

Now all I need is to somehow get the car finder function to work by finding the horn negative wire.
No luck so far!
the horn doesn't have a negative as is bolted to the chassis, so its chassis earthed, use a relay to feed it

Back