Fitting rear speakers

Charlotte001

Ex. Club Member
Is the parcel shelf strong enough to take a pair of speakers or would it be better to fit a pair in the recess in each rear quarter panel connecting to the parcel shelf?

Does anyone have any suggestions to tidy my door cards up ? I've removed the standard fit speakers as they were dead now I've fitted a pair of nice speakers but I have two really ugly holes were the previous canabalism has happened to fit speakers. Will post a picture tomorrow to show

Charlotte

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
Parcel is strong enough for 6x9's or whatever, just cut holes for them etc.

Where are your front speakers exactly? In my LS they were in front of the door (is this part called the kick panel?) but in my SS they are in the doors (door cards? Yeh?)

Cheers.

T

OP
OP
C

Charlotte001

Ex. Club Member
Mine are in the door cards and have been badly fitted too. I'm looking for some grey door cards or some grey PVC so I can tidy the job up. To be exact they're in the bottom corner nearest the bulk head of the door cards.

Charlotte

somersetk1

Ex. Club Member
could you not make some new door cards out of thin plywood?
and then just transfer the clips pockets handle etc? and upholster in fabric or choice then do the same to rear quarter pannels?

OP
OP
C

Charlotte001

Ex. Club Member
I could although unless I reupholstered the entire car it would look odd. Even if I removed the existing PVC there would be a gap

Charlotte

OP
OP
C

Charlotte001

Ex. Club Member
I'm having problems finding a K10 in a local scrappy. The problem is the speakers were very untidly fitted leaving gaps around them. I'm in the process of finding the grey PVC so I can refabricate a pair.

Charlotte