Fitting nistune... any other mods I should do first?

Hi all, basically cut a long story short I've put a CG13DE Engine into my classic mini and I'm planning on getting nistune fitted, was just wondering if there's any other upgrades or mods I should do prior to getting nistune fitted that might aid or make the process better?

The engine already has a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and a custom inlet manifold.
0c94a194ade03c14a78745aeb822fd4c.jpg
6bce9b30b6b32b2fb382e90f27d40b96.jpg

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Id say do as much as possible to get the most out of the mapping. And not having to pay for a remap later on If you still want to upgrade.
Like bigger throttlebody And injectors (you do have a full exhaust Done?) Maybe even cams.

Id also do a full service before getting iT mapped Just to be Sure the maintenance stuff like oil And plugs is fresh.

OP
OP
Thelegg
Id say do as much as possible to get the most out of the mapping. And not having to pay for a remap later on If you still want to upgrade.
Like bigger throttlebody And injectors (you do have a full exhaust Done?) Maybe even cams.

Id also do a full service before getting iT mapped Just to be Sure the maintenance stuff like oil And plugs is fresh.
My only concern would be that if I was to fit bigger injectors out of a 1.6 or 1.8 would it then not run properly for driving it to get nistune fitted/mapped, same for fitting cams ?

Yes it has a full sports exhaust system

Engine had new plugs, oil and fuel filter + gearbox and engine oil renewed when I installed it so it's in tip top condition :) and had only done 28 thousand when it was fitted in the micra so it's like new

Last edited:
Swapping injectors isnt That much work. So you can drive on stock injectors And swap them before the mapping. With cams Its more Of a hassle Or get the tuning company to fit them while theyre fitting nistune But cams Will show alot more gains. What are your plans future wise?

OP
OP
Thelegg
Swapping injectors isnt That much work. So you can drive on stock injectors And swap them before the mapping. With cams Its more Of a hassle Or get the tuning company to fit them while theyre fitting nistune But cams Will show alot more gains. What are your plans future wise?
Getting the garage to fit the cams sounds expensive haha I have emailed fusion motorsports about fitting nistune so guess I could see if they'd be willing to do other work at the same time.

Future plans were to drive it NA for a little while and see what it goes like but if I have a thirst for more power after the remap/cams then it would be getting a turbo, aiming for 120-130bhp

120-130bhp should be doable NA. Increase the compression with 1.0 pistons. Some cams, and a remap and you should be close. It should fly esp in a light mini.

Mapping is one of the most important aspects in building a reliable engine. But also costly because you have to do it every time you change something. And that can add up quite fast.

OP
OP
Thelegg
Can't really be bothered to pull the engine out to swap pistons but was thinking about getting some 773 cams from humphries rally