Fitting new wheels

Hi, do i need a trolley jack n stands to change all 4 tyres or could i just jack up each tyre individually "time consuming i know" but saves me rooting for a jack n stands! .. am going from r13 to r15 .. any advice is appreciated.

pollyp

Club Member
scissor jack is fine for wheel swapping, its no different to swapping a flat tyre one at a time.
just don't get under a car on scissor jacks cos they can collapse.

having trolley jack & stands simply saves time, effort, rusty sills and ur safety when sliding underneath

scissor jack is fine for wheel swapping, its no different to swapping a flat tyre one at a time.
just don't get under a car on scissor jacks cos they can collapse.

having trolley jack & stands simply saves time, effort, rusty sills and ur safety when sliding underneath

Thanks for the reply. I'll get a trolley jack & stands when am abit more familiar with my car and maybe try out minor repairs n stuff. I know on last mot i had advisories on brake pipes n stuff, not that I'd tinker with those as am not that confident. If i was shown firsthand id pick it up easily .. again thanks for the reply, this is a good community

welcome.
yeah suggest getting a haynes, start off with small easy tasks and develop ur skills & experience over time.

In a wheel related question Paul.

You did an post about the dimensions of the brakes / wheels setup which im struggling to find.

Was it on your build thread or separate do you remember?