Fitting new boot gas struts to a C+C. Anyone done this themselves?

Hello, new to all this...so please forgive me if I am asking in wrong place etc.

Has anyone replaced the gas struts on the boot (tailgate) of a Micra C+C.

The boot (tailgate) on my 2005 Essenza is getting a bit heavy to lift...so I had a look on the web, and found what seem to be the struts I need (from SGS).

However, because of the folding roof/boot thing, the struts appear to run within what look like a sort of silver tube/casing with cabling attached. See pic.
20150225_123222.jpg
The ends of the strut seem to be held top and bottom with a simple clip just as shown in the strut fitting video shown on the SGS website.

Has anyone had any experience of removing this 'casing/cabling' to get the strut out...and of course putting it back together again?

Hello, new to all this...so please forgive me if I am asking in wrong place etc.

The boot (tailgate) on my 2005 Essenza is getting a bit heavy to lift...so I had a look on the web, and found what seem to be the struts I need (from SGS).

However, because of the folding roof/boot thing, the struts appear to run within what look like a sort of silver tube/casing with cabling attached. See pic. View attachment 40159 The ends of the strut seem to be held top and bottom with a simple clip just as shown in the strut fitting video shown on the SGS website.

Has anyone had any experience of removing this 'casing/cabling' to get the strut out...and of course putting it back together again?
Dear, i have the same problem, but it is 5 years later and you have had no replies.
Did you get a fix? I live in Holland and would like to know if i can replace it myself. Kind regards, Steff Bos

However, because of the folding roof/boot thing, the struts appear to run within what look like a sort of silver tube/casing with cabling attached. See pic. View attachment 40159 The ends of the strut seem to be held top and bottom with a simple clip just as shown in the strut fitting video shown on the SGS website.

Those "struts" in the picture are not the ones that keep the boot open, they are small hydraulic rams.
The top of the struts you need to replace can be seen with the boot open, and accessed by carefully prising out the rear left (or right) panel below the rear seat belt, until you can create enough space to get your hand in. It is fiddly, and the smaller your hands the better.

This is an ebay link to the struts:-

Those "struts" in the picture are not the ones that keep the boot open, they are small hydraulic rams.
The top of the struts you need to replace can be seen with the boot open, and accessed by carefully prising out the rear left (or right) panel below the rear seat belt, until you can create enough space to get your hand in. It is fiddly, and the smaller your hands the better.

This is an ebay link to the struts:-
Hi
You reckon you can access the bottom end without taking seats out etc?