Fitting bucket seats

Hi guys. Wanting to know if anyone here has bolted their driver side bucket seat to the floor and if so can you post some pictures and what kind of seat it is and if it is any good. Because i dont want to spend alot to get custom rails and i dont have the skills to modify the factory rails. Cheers

I would have thought the seat would sit far too low if you bolted it straight to the floor.
Plus you really don't want to be bolting them to the floor unless your going to plate up the underside of the car.

It's a catch 22 situation I'm afraid and my opinion would be that if you want bucket seats you'll need either bucket seat rails to fit your car or have them custom welded onto your existing seat rails.

You could mount it using some universal bucket seat mounts, £30 on ebay, which will bolt directly to the floor. But as Steven says you'll need to use load spreader pads on the under side of your floor.

I would have thought the seat would sit far too low if you bolted it straight to the floor.
Plus you really don't want to be bolting them to the floor unless your going to plate up the underside of the car.

It's a catch 22 situation I'm afraid and my opinion would be that if you want bucket seats you'll need either bucket seat rails to fit your car or have them custom welded onto your existing seat rails.
Okay cheers for the advise

Back