fitting alloys on my k10 help?

cardiffboy27

Ex. Club Member
hey all, i just been offerd some 14 inch alloys from a friend at the bargin price of just £30 they need a clean and a bit of patching up but what the hell:D
i fitted one on to see how it looked and it was quite close but the problem i had was the wheel nuts, i couldnt get a spider in thereto put the nuts on :( i was gutted
can you get any aftermarket ones that are longer if so has anyone got some or can they recomend a good place to buy them ?
thanks for your help in advance
Ian :)

spider? Halfords do a tyre nut wrench that will do the job. Its about £8 iirc.

Ed

hey i am a new member and i just bought my car it is a 1990 nissan micra and i am the same as you i cant figure out what rims will fit on my car

i got on my micra 195/45/15 and they work well had 2 change the wheel nuts 2 a smaller size so i can put them on cos they wont fit in the holes

yes it would turtle but im sure you will experience rubbing on the rear with standard shocks and maybe even with uprated ones

they'l probably rub on lowering springs, possibly even standard shocks on big bumps too

Mine are 185/65/14 and they rub, so not much difference between ours at all.

Rolling the arches has helped alot, along with fitting Spax bumpstops.

Arnold said:
Mine are 185/65/14 and they rub, so not much difference between ours at all.

Rolling the arches has helped alot, along with fitting Spax bumpstops.

Rub just over bumps or all the time?

Rolling the arches? What does this mean?

Rolling ur arches removes the lip on the arch thus the tyers have a bit of extra room to play with.

you can do it your self by cutting the lip ever 6 inches or so and very carfully (not to damage the paint work) flatten the lip back under the arch. I've heard a rubber hammer and a block of wood helps...

I'd do them less than 6 inches, maybe three or four. The more you have, the less chance of denting the arch or causing visible damage. Its also best to cover all this in underbody sealant to stop water gathering under it and causing rust. Remember everything you do will be hidden by the super s arch, unless u really mess it up

Back