Fitting a new Dizzy

dg_unit

Club Member (Trial)
Hey everyone. It's been a while. I've got a new distributor to fit. My Haynes manual is beside me but wondering if anyone has any tips/advice to get everything going smoothly esp. with getting the timing right.

Thanks.

i would of thought it would tell you in the haynes mate? if not i don't usually fuss me as long as you get the offset drive the right way round lol and when you get the dizzy on i always set mine so the bolt is in then centre of the slotted adjuster thingy then if it runs slow i advance accordingly if it runs fast i retard it until its running smooth. not that hard really lol.

OP
OP
dg_unit

dg_unit

Club Member (Trial)
i would of thought it would tell you in the haynes mate? if not i don't usually fuss me as long as you get the offset drive the right way round lol and when you get the dizzy on i always set mine so the bolt is in then centre of the slotted adjuster thingy then if it runs slow i advance accordingly if it runs fast i retard it until its running smooth. not that hard really lol.

Thanks. Yeah it does look pretty straightforward. Just thought I'd check there's nothing the Haynes isn't telling me.