fitting a kill switch to K11

Has anyone on here fitted a kill switch to a k11?

i have a 1997 P reg 1.0 16v K11.

It does have NATS fitted but thats the only form of security fitted tot he car.

I was thinking of connecting it to the fuel pump wiring or the starter motor wiring but im not sure which wires to tap into.

Also what sort of wiring do i need to stop a fire/short circuit from happening due to the power that some of these circuits run at?

With thanks.

under one of the kick panels is the fuel pump relay (usually a green one) just pop it out and take it with you, job done

well i already take the fuel pump fuse with me anyway from the fuse box but just wanted something a little more complex and easier to activate/deactivate whenever i want to use it so i dont have to keep getting down on my hands and knees fumbling about with fuses or in your case removing panels.

well i already take the fuel pump fuse with me anyway from the fuse box but just wanted something a little more complex and easier to activate/deactivate whenever i want to use it so i dont have to keep getting down on my hands and knees fumbling about with fuses or in your case removing panels.

well you can take the feed to the fuel pump fuse and put an adequate switch between that, its probably very little power but you can't go wrong with a 5 amp switch.

Back