fittin shocks

thereas an ace guide in the K10 DIY section......" lowering" i think...

if your nuts and bolts are in good nick.....and you have the usual tools plus spring compressors then you'lll get teh jobe done in a day

However, as I know only to welll.....COROSION of the fixings can easily turn this in to day(s)...:-(

the worst culprits are "bolt(s) corroded to the metal sleve(s) inside of the lower rubber bush(es)" on the rears... and " front lower bolts/nuts corroded and tools slip rounding the nus off" and strut assemly top nuts stuck tight to the threads...spanner flats or alen key slot slips/rounds off.

these problems are general problems though ....the suspension job is not too bad if you have the tools and corosion doesnt shaft you

In my experience:

3/4 years ago I had NO END of problems (all of teh aove on my 1992 K10) and ended up replacing all of the front top assembly parts (about £200 from nissan) and taking teh car to a garage to deal with teh ceased rear lowers!!

a few days ago on another (older 1985) K10 I did all 4....the only problem was one ceased rear lower that I blowtorched/ WD40-ed/ and 4lb lump-hammered for aboout 15 20 minutes
and it came loose (THANK THE LORD) but was easy in comparrison to the kob 3/4 years ago

good luck mate

Rich

well iv ordered them now, be with me in next couple of days, roughly wot sort of price u reckon to get a garage top do it for me?

if I were you, I would give it a go.....but keep in mind that if things go rounded or badly ceased...then you can always book an apointment at that point

If your lucky everything may pop out and back in nicely.....(if a bolt is ceased in....then it wont come out by driving it to your local garage...thay would have to cut it out and replace those parts anyways.

I think I payed £60 to have the rears done ages ago...that was with two super ceased lower rears

il giv it a go me thinks, il let u know how it goes, and how much it costs to get it done properly when i fudge it up:wasntme:

takes a while the first time you do it but after that its very easy! i lowered Arnolds car once in just over an hour! ;) didnt even have to use spring compressors! :D

well i was hopiin to get it done today, been takin time off to wait around for delivery, jus phoned them to ask where everyting is, now they sayin wont be till next week, thanks for letting me know sooner buypartsbuy!!!:glare:

you wont regret doing the suspension, is there any new springs to go with??

if we didnt get stiff bolts that needed grinding off i rekon about the hour mark with two people.

my things were late from them aswel but ahwell once there on you will have forgotten, any good roundabouts near you??lol

Back