First service & replacement key cost?

Hi all I'm new here, be nice! I've acquired (been given) a 2011 k13 cvt by my awesome mother as my old ford puma was dying a slow painful death (150,000 miles and 15 years old).
It's only covered 10,000 miles from new, but cosmetically led a hard life (my mum's elderly and has crap spacial awareness) so needs lots of little bits of cosmetic attention, and a service. Along the way she's also lost the spare key/remote fob. I've tried to ring the dealers today for prices but being a Saturday afternoon no one was available until Monday. As I'm an impatient kinda fella I was wondering if any one could give me a ball park figure for service costs and a replacement key. Thanks all!

Martin

...servicing?....from Nissan main dealer? o_O
http://www.nissan-aftersales.co.uk/dealers/fixed-price-servicing ...painful :p
If you're not bothered about main dealer stamps you can get a service done at a reputable garage for a heck of a lot less
...or if you're feeling brave do it yourself for a fraction of the cost...but this takes time and knowledge of parts locations etc...and the K13 engine bay...looks a little snug ;)

with regards to the key replacement...I think Nissan will want quite a chunk of your soul ^_^
My brother got told that a new key for his Audi A4, from Audi, would be over £100...and it would then cost another £30-£40 to program it to his car <_<

There are Timpson places around that deal with remote car keys that use built in chips...but I don't know how much they charge, again you'd need to buy the key and then have it programmed to work with your NATS system ;)
...you can buy keys from Ebay...but personally i'm not sure about doing that :oops:

good luck :)

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
...servicing?....from Nissan main dealer? o_O
http://www.nissan-aftersales.co.uk/dealers/fixed-price-servicing ...painful :p
If you're not bothered about main dealer stamps you can get a service done at a reputable garage for a heck of a lot less
...or if you're feeling brave do it yourself for a fraction of the cost...but this takes time and knowledge of parts locations etc...and the K13 engine bay...looks a little snug ;)

with regards to the key replacement...I think Nissan will want quite a chunk of your soul ^_^
My brother got told that a new key for his Audi A4, from Audi, would be over £100...and it would then cost another £30-£40 to program it to his car <_<

There are Timpson places around that deal with remote car keys that use built in chips...but I don't know how much they charge, again you'd need to buy the key and then have it programmed to work with your NATS system ;)
...you can buy keys from Ebay...but personally i'm not sure about doing that :oops:

good luck :)
Timpsons will only cut there own keys I asked about me gettin an ebay ine they said they won't touch them

^ LOL :p

I'm paranoid about that sort of thing too Belly...
If I'm getting something out of the boot I will balance everything on one arm before I relent and put the key on the parcel shelf....just incase...
and mine doesn't even lock when I close it anymore!!!!...I have to click a little button for that... XD

(My paranoia harks back to my K10/K11 owning days I think :p)

I need a spare I see my self locking it in the boot lol
Need to access the spare though. My kids locked my keys in the car, with the engine running, house keys were on it too and spare car keys were in house:oops: Ended up breaking into my own house :rolleyes:

OP
OP
M
Thanks for the replys :) I don't mind getting a main dealer service at this age as the car is practically new, and easier if any warranty issues arise in the next 13 months. After that expires it'll probably be home servicing or a local garage. As for the key, I will try timpsons etc but I really want another oem remote key to keep it all 'proper' as this car is gonna be a long term keeper. I know I'm being fussy but never had a car that's so new and want it all done proper for once :)