First facelift cluster pinout

Hi guys!

I was looking to make something about the cluster, but all the pinouts i can seem to find are for the pre-facelift model. I've been able to figure out some on my own but there are some missing, so i'd like some help on the matter if possible. This is what i got after a while with a multimeter (google translated, so sorry if something it's off):

1-GND
2-activation by GND odometer and dials
3-N / C
4- unknown GND acc
5-left turn signal
6-N / C
7-RPM pulse frequency (maybe not)
8-GND activation battery light
9-level gasoline
10-12V direct battery
11-unknown GND acc
12-N / C
13-N / C
14-unknown GND acc
15- dash lights
16- 5v ignition (???)
17-N / C
18-activation by GND(bunch ignition) km counter by pulses
19-activation by GND (bunch ignition) rpm counter by pulses
20-12v ignition
21-N / C
22-N / C
23-check engine activation GND
24-rear fog
25-right turn signal
26-handbrake GND activation
27-?
28-N / C

I want to double check this in order to not break anything, as well as know if any os those N/C is useful, because for example my car has a low gas tank level bulb, but it doesn't work at all. Also there are some pins i don't know what they do, and trial and error is not a good idea on something like an odometer.

Thanks!

I can't help you with that but a friend of mine who went to school and now programs ecu's for a living told me Nissans from our era are don't mix 5 and 12 volts and don't short it (which means it should have not too slow or heavy fuses everywhere too) and it should do no harm. If somebody says otherwise, please let me hear it. For me it worked but that is no conclusion

I can't help you with that but a friend of mine who went to school and now programs ecu's for a living told me Nissans from our era are don't mix 5 and 12 volts and don't short it (which means it should have not too slow or heavy fuses everywhere too) and it should do no harm. If somebody says otherwise, please let me hear it. For me it worked but that is no conclusion

yeah i'm not entirely sure about that 5v pin, it might entirely be a resistor for something like temperature and it's giving me that reading, but for now that's all i have until i find a pinout for it.

Welp, it's a single 28 pin connector that doesn't seem possible to disassemble or repin at all, i had thought of this to confirm but i can't.

So ELECTRICAL-2.pdf from k11 pdf version of FSM does not have this or is not suitable?
It does have, as far as i've been able to find, the pre-facelift K11 diagram, which i've been able to sucessfully use in the past in a 1993 micra, but my 1999 is different.
1604170664002.png

As you can see, it has three independent connectors with a sum of 30 pins, while i have a single 28 pin connector. I might have done an oopsie while searching, but that's all i can find.

I can't help you with that but I just figured that pdf FSM has electrical-2 so that is not pre facelift. Your best bet is Maarten I think. He will reply if he reads this but don't blame me if he also can't assist you with this ;) The latter might mean that is why he didn't respond already.

I can't help you with that but I just figured that pdf FSM has electrical-2 so that is not pre facelift. Your best bet is Maarten I think. He will reply if he reads this but don't blame me if he also can't assist you with this ;) The latter might mean that is why he didn't respond already.

I will patiently wait for him or someone else that can help on this, as we are again on a semi lockdown so i kinda have a lot of time to check the wiring and the whole internet for that matter.

Thanks anyway!

They where in the Electrical part of the workshop manual. But it has to be the supplement one as those have the parts for the facelift.

They where in the Electrical part of the workshop manual. But it has to be the supplement one as those have the parts for the facelift.
That makes sense, i might look over what i have, and if for any chance i don't have the facelift supplements, i'll try to track them down.

Thanks again!

Back