Finding correct gearbox for replacement

a friend of mine is trying to fix up a k11 he bought recently. Needs a new gearbox so he bought one on ebay but when it arrived he says it doesn't fit and that the sensor is in the wrong place? It's a 2001, 1 litre, manual box. The box he bought was from a 2003, 1 litre.

Any ideas why they might be different and where should I point him to get a properly fitting one? Only 2 years difference I'd have thought they'd be the same but I'm a K10 owner so am in the dark about the ol' K11s! :D

Any thoughts appreciated.

yeh, that's what I suggested to my mate, that it was a completely different car but the ebay guy says its definitely from a k11 (I guess one of the very very late ones!). Should I just tell him to get another box from a 2001 car say?

Yeah it would be the best option, although may i say good luck! Your probably be best off getting it reconditioned. Just a random guess, he had a knocking from his differential right??

my mates mum has a 2001 registered k11, but is is a 98-2000 shape k11, maybe your mates is similar?
does your mates look like the blue or silver in these two pics?

Attachments

• 64f9_12.jpg
    64f9_12.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 216
  • e125_27.jpg
    e125_27.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 208
thanks for getting back. I had a look at the car today and from what I can remember I think it looks like the silver one. Definitely had really orange indicators in the headlamps and a thin bump strip along the side (just like the silver one) Not sure about the bumper.... would need another look. :)

Also noticed that top of the rocker cover has little boxes instead of HT leads (some sort of solenoids?). Is this typical of later K11s or just because its an S?

Wrenchable, not sure about the knocking, the previous owner told him the gearbox was duff so not sure of its problem.

He took apart the old box today and said it was completely different. Something about the 5th gear being on the outside instead of the inside??? I dunno, its making my brain hurt, I though micras were simple! :D

If he cant get it fixed it'll probably just get scrapped. Would be a shame as its pretty nice looking (and that's high praise from a k10 fan!).
Any further thoughts before its resigned to the crusher?

its coil packs not ht leads you want a 2000-2002 micra gearbox 1.0 or 1.4 would do fine apparently they are supposed to be same as the old 1.3s but i cant gaurentee that so my advice is get a 00-02 gearbox n u should b fine

Back