Finally lowered the old girl

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
well finally got her arse out of the air, angle grinded the metal lip off the rear arches but its still rubbing like a #####! but then i am on 195/50/R15's lol get some new ones next friday ;) as well as some bump stops

i dont see how 45'ws will help that much it rubs round almost every corner, i dont want to have to cut up the super s arches but looks like ill have too :(

have other super s owners had to cut the plastic arch extensions to fit 15's?

piccys :D

Attachments

• 30112005.jpg
    30112005.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 291
  • 30112005(004).jpg
    30112005(004).jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 245
OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
im using rimmers old activ ones, tbh i think compared to my old spax they are alot firmer. got them for a very resonable price ;)

Mark

Ex. Club Member
I had to slice into the super s arches mate on my red one, and then glue the arches on after sealing them all up.

all depends on the offset, as mine only rubbed on hard bumps and not on corners, I could even go 5's up and it hardly rubbed.

Mine only rubbed at the top so i needed to fit bump stops but never got round to fitting them,

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
hmm not sure what my offset is, they are multi fitment wheels so the offset is proably not very friendly lol, ill invest in a dremel and take some of the super s arch off :D bump stops and new tyres will probably help alot

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
exhaust system is next then ill get the body work sorted :D i wont be making any changes to the bodykit it will get resprayed the same colour as i want it to remain the classic that it will soon become :)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Looking good mate! You're more than likely gonna have to cut the plastics. Dont worry about it tho, it aint really a big deal unless you've got plans to sell the kit in future!

By the sounds of it tho, you're gonna keep that k10 for a while. I've done it on mine, its needed i tell ya!

O

ohc_turbo

ive got pulsar wheels on mine and finally sorted out the rubbing, ive got 195 55 14 on and i cut the arch off but it still rubbed, it was funny as it was clearing the arch so i looked under and it was runbbing from the other side, you will see it from the amount of underseal rubbed off, a quick few bangs with a sledge hammer and it sorted it right out.

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
is everyone one on 15's using 195's? i know its possiable to get 185's a little rarer but the reduced width may help stop the rubbing completley

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
on that note ive been quoted £182 for four tyres fitted and balanced, and they come to your car. quite impressed with that :D

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Mine's on 195/45/15's... lowered by 35mm and only rubs slightly on the NSR wheel arch depending on the camber of the road. I've not had to alter anything at all. :)

-Elliot

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
Elliot said:
Mine's on 195/45/15's... lowered by 35mm and only rubs slightly on the NSR wheel arch depending on the camber of the road. I've not had to alter anything at all. :)

-Elliot

is that with or without passengers mate?

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
i used to have 185/50/r14's lowered never really rubbed to much ;) suprisinly the rubbing is not doing any damage to the tyre perhaps as its only rubbing on the plastic arch bit

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
That was without passengers in the car. I tend to have no more than 1 other person in the car at one time to be honest... otherwise it does rub quite a lot. :)

-Elliot

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Speedle said:
i used to have 185/50/r14's lowered never really rubbed to much ;) suprisinly the rubbing is not doing any damage to the tyre perhaps as its only rubbing on the plastic arch bit

You mean the tyres i got from you which were completely cut up? They were 185/55/14. I have the same size - as you know - and without the necessary modifications which you've helped with, they'd be torn to pieces by now!

There was 1 or 2mm difference between our tyres and wheels and you're on 15's!!

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
good point rimsy! 45 should solve the problem then, ill hopfully get some front and rear strut braces knocked up soon so that will reduce body roll and then in turn the rubbing round corners

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Remember the rear for me too, i'l let you know about the shape as its gotta go round my sub box!

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
sure thing mate sound like the tubing ill be getting to make it from will be enough to make quite a few ;)