Finally Lowered!! Pics!!

JayY

Owner of The Black Beauty
Well, its been done, and overall im pleased with the result.

The front is lower by 40mm, The rear is lower by 40mm aswell, stange beccause i measured it staright after it was done and the back was 50mm lower.... So i will remeasure in a week or two and seen if theres any diffrences, handling is alot better and ride is pretty nice, not to bumpy.

Before:

486902_57_full.jpg

After:

486902_60_full.jpg

And next to mother dearest's car

486902_61_full.jpg

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
Cars lookin sweet dude! Whats planned for it next? The car would look awesome with a set of bigger wheels to fill the arches more!

Daz :alien:

OP
OP
JayY

JayY

been drivin for a bit and the handling feels amazing compared to the standard suspension! Feels better than when i lowered my blue SR with just springs. Would like to get bigger wheels but aint got the money! but i would want more power before i do that, i would rather have 13"s and have it quicker than have bigger wheels. But my mate my possibly be selling his Black 14" TSW's, the look like the ones the MG ZR's have, they would be perfect, but again theres the lack of funds!!

Zephyr

Ex. Club Member
nice :) but bigger wheels would look better but does make car slower dont touch 16";s my car crawls like a bitch lol :p

OP
OP
JayY

JayY

After a 100miles of driving i am impressed with the Powercoil springs and the KYB shocks, they have improved the following

1. Looks!
2. Handling is amazing, totally stays flat round corners and when pushed
3. Accelaration, no jumping around when changing gear! Car feels more flat on the ground
4. Braking, less weight for the brakes to deal with i suppose
5. Safety, swaying or bodyroll totally gone feel glued to the ground

I forgot how much diffrent lowering makes.... I feel very happy at the moment!

OP
OP
JayY

JayY

My mate has offered to swap my old shocks in exchange for his Janspeed back box! Im takin it! Also made a wire going from the sidelights down to the driving lamps (fog lights) so they come on when i have my sidelights on and the are the same bulbs as the sidelights aswell, looks much better at night!