Finally Found my N-Tec

After weeks and weeks of searching, I've finally found an N-Tec in my favourite colour, right condition, and right mileage. I collect it on Saturday, and I can't wait :)

37K, and mint. FSH.

TVTpnQO.jpg

ChGBCkt.jpg

Hdtk20j.jpg

Tb5dbe5.jpg

Time to clear my garage out. My old Micra is just left on the drive. I think I'll take better care of this one.

Can the satnav be retrofit on other cars? or do you need to run additional adapters and cabling?

Good question. I can't imagine why not. The bluetooth will need the microphone of course, and there must be a GPS antenna somewhere, but other than that, I suppose there's no reason why not.

I shall :)

One question. Sometimes, if there's a USB stick in when I switch on, I have to unplug and plug it back in gain to recognise it. Does yours do that? Not the end of the world I suppose, but just a bit weird.

Hi David,

No my usb has not played up yet, you could try giving the port a blast with electrical contact cleaner or wet a cotton bud with isopropyl alcohol and insert it into the USB port to clean out dust and any sticky mess. Wipe all around the inside of the port, including on the contacts

Hi David,

No my usb has not played up yet, you could try giving the port a blast with electrical contact cleaner or wet a cotton bud with isopropyl alcohol and insert it into the USB port to clean out dust and any sticky mess. Wipe all around the inside of the port, including on the contacts

I'll give it a go. I suspect it's a problem indexing the files though... or with the USB stick I'm using.

Can the satnav be retrofit on other cars? or do you need to run additional adapters and cabling?

Just a thought.... you may need the surround as well, as it's different from the others, apart from the later K12s with the non-sat nav bluetooth head units - which shares teh same surround. Let us know how you get on. I've seen quite a few connect 1 systems on Ebay.

Last edited:
Hi David,

Just cleaned the socket with switch cleaner... no improvement. However, I tried another USB stick and it's now perfect.

I think being an older, high capacity pen drive, it was probably on the limit for power consumption. The Connect 1 manual states maximum of 500mA. The replacement drive works flawlessly now, despite being larger in capacity.

Thanks.

Assuming you mean other Micras, then yes... Someone on here has done it, so yes.

Link to thread below.

Assuming you mean other Micras, then yes... Someone on here has done it, so yes.

Link to thread below.

You will need
Radio antenna adaptor or original sat nav antenna
Gps antenna
All sat nav original wiring to "retrofit" with yours
Original sat nav steering wheel commands
Microphone and wiring
Usb-aux original sockets with the additional wiring.
Wiring diagram ( i have it)

Sent from my W_C800 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Out of curiosity, where is the GPS antenna located? I can't see mine anywhere. Must be hidden away. The part is just a black box, but surely it's not hidden behind metal panels is it? Must be behind the plastic dash panels somewhere.

Thanks.
s-l1600.jpg