Final footage from Little Bandit - RIP

Dave Bull

Ex. Club Member
Hey guys...

I finally received my TOTB6 DVD on Saturday and with permission, have uploaded some footage of the car onto Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR9dsEjxwjQ

What really made the DVD special for me was that during an interview with a random selection of people, the host asked the group, 'What has been the highlight of the day, what have you seen that you are going to go home and remember?'

The reply being 'The Micra, the Micra turbo from Scotland. I'm Gobsmacked!'

And that for me made all the money, time & effort worth while, knowing that it made an impact.

I hope that it has inspired a number of you to hopefully go on and repeat, if not better the same idea that started of as a simple 1.O L.

A big thanks guys!

Dave

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
awseome Dave!

I like the vid title Vs 10 sec evo! and it still lost!

What have you got planned next? another small high powered car or going something bigger?

Kev

OP
OP
D

Dave Bull

Ex. Club Member
The Evo did run 10's on the day, but what I don't understand is that some of the high powered 4wd cars wait for a few seconds before they set off.

As soon as that light goes green, I'm off!

What you do see with the video is that when the Micra actually hooks up, especially in 4th gear, it actually pulls away from the Evo.

That traction thing was always the problem!

As for the new car, I have myself an Almera GTi and swapped the running gear from Little Bandit into it.

Plus some new brakes and suspension.

It's great to have an interior and a heater again...LOL!

Cheers

Dae

Wicked video hehe :D

From the first time I saw the Roll-Ons video on Streetfire I've been nuts about that car. Really would like to transform mine into something like that. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of money did you spend putting that engine into the car?

OP
OP
D

Dave Bull

Ex. Club Member
The whole car was put together for a tad over £20000, but labour realy isn't included with that, as the majority was either done by myself or by sponsorship or friends in the business.

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
was an awsome car, still got the banzai mag with it in lol. so what happend to the shell of lil bandit? and the rest of the parts?

OP
OP
D

Dave Bull

Ex. Club Member
The shell was stripped of all the salvagable parts and then sent to the crusher.

The majority of the Micra based parts went to Kritian and Matt @ Humphris Oxford.

The running gear (albeit rebuilt and changed a bit) went into my Almera GTi, as did the Wilwood brakes.

A few pictures at the start of the build...

DSCF0192.jpg

DSCF0197.jpg

DSCF0203.jpg

I could have done it all again, but I don't think it would have had the same impact as the original car.

I've done it now, and have many a good memory for the experience.

I'll see how I get on with the Almera and go from there.

Cheers

Dave

Antony

Ex. Club Member
who knows, he may get sick of the "oh no not another almera" and go back to the "what the hell is in that micra??!!"

lol

I Have A 1998 Nissan Cube That Had A CG13DE In It And I Am Putting A SR20DET Into, I Was Just Wondering if Anyone Knew The Diagram For The Interior Loom And What I Need to Join Up.