Figaro engine conversion

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Hi

I have done some searches of previous posts on the forum and have some (limited) knowlege of the figaro and ma12 engine (i am currently running the latter)

I was talking to Linz0577 a week or two ago about an ma12 engine conversion to the 1.0 figaro engine (turbo).

This engine looks very similar to the ST engine, is it just without the supercharger?, also i hear the engine mounts would be a straight swap but im not too sure about the gearbox as i am currently on a manual and if memory serves 'figs' are automatic? would this still be straight fitment alteration required? and what manual box could be used on this engine?

The factory spec for the 'fig' is 74/75bhp? same as the cg13, can the fig ECU be remapped etc, same as the ST (Ed?) ?

Sorry for such a long post hope to get some answers (Y)

Thanks Guys!

Steve

superls

K10 Tuner
im led to believe that all k10 gearboxes are interchangable as far as the bellhousing and mounts go.

ive had an ma12 automatic engine, took off the gearbox, torque converter and flywheel, bolted straight on a manual flywheel and clutch off a ma10/ma12, and the manual gearbox and everything was sound. so theres no reason why the figaro engine shoulf be any different, afterall it is only an ma10 engine.

im sure the fig will be able to be mapped but weather it can make st figures is another question, but ill let ed answer that one on more detail.

alexv

Club Member (Trial)
well when looking into this i saw some info about how the box would b the most limiting factor in how much power you can push through it all. Now i know its a bit of a parrot comment but if you want a fuel injectd engine pushing that power but with the bonus of alot more potential tuning in the future, why not a cg13. Its cheaper 2 get hold of a whole k11 than a fig engine. Im hopefuly starting such conversion come the winter. The cg13 has alot more benefits over the ma10et in terms of its newer design (twin cam) ,easier 2 get performance parts,and can handle alot more power.
Also does anyone know if the fuel pump from the fig or st will provide enough pressure for the injection on the cg13

OP
OP
imp124

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
i was looking at the figaro engine as you can get them fairly easily up here in good condition with looms and ECU's also it is easier to get hold of than the ST engine, plus the engine mounts dont need to be changed over a cg13.

might be able to use a prefacelift cg gearbox as i have heard these are stronger?

All in all what i want is the TURBO FACTOR! (wondering what??? see pic) :D

x-factor.jpg

alexv

Club Member (Trial)
see whenever i looked into picking up such engine they wanted at least 3-400 with the loom and all. i picked up a fully modded k11 for that.
yeah i rekon the k11 box will be best, be able to use the engine without the worry of the box turning to butter everytime you want to realy move.
oh and as long as you dont put the loudest dump valve and make pssssssssssst noises around car parks all day then yeh i suposse there is always abit more satisfaction when you have a turbo'd car.lol
but if i ever win the lottery, who says the cg13 conversion wont be seeing its own turbo set up one day.lol
youtube it, im sure i have seen a 1.2 running the turbo set up from the fig but using a diffrent turbo i think. wont be much help, but might make you smile.lol

Baz

Ex. Club Member
see whenever i looked into picking up such engine they wanted at least 3-400 with the loom and all. i picked up a fully modded k11 for that.
yeah i rekon the k11 box will be best, be able to use the engine without the worry of the box turning to butter everytime you want to realy move.
oh and as long as you dont put the loudest dump valve and make pssssssssssst noises around car parks all day then yeh i suposse there is always abit more satisfaction when you have a turbo'd car.lol
but if i ever win the lottery, who says the cg13 conversion wont be seeing its own turbo set up one day.lol
youtube it, im sure i have seen a 1.2 running the turbo set up from the fig but using a diffrent turbo i think. wont be much help, but might make you smile.lol

Seen that ,burnout machine!:laugh:

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
the ma10t runs about 76bhp at the fly the manual box will easily take that i've had over 90bhp at the fly going through one and it was fine as was the clutch (which was a blueprint one)