Figaro anyone?

wow! these are usually so much looked after, rare to see one in so poor condition.

Kev

there really are better engines to put in if your spending the money. The figaro engine needs converting to fuel injection, and is also an automatic!

But is it a Straight swap?? or mounts etc need to be changed?? im sure a 1L auto Turbo is faster than even a standard 1.2. although the auto will drink fuel.

I'd hazard a guess that the MA10 Turbo will be a straight swap. You will need to swap loom and pretty much everything else in the engine bay over though.
What brakes does the figaro have?
The figaro is about 75 bhp off the top of my head, which is more than the MA12.
Would be a good project conversion for anyone.

I could get the fig to 100bhp pretty easily. I bet I can map the ecu on it too...

bargin really. The fact that its still there for 750 is mad. If it was near me I would have it in a second.

Let me repeat that.. FOR 750 THIS IS A BARGAIN. YOU WOULD NEVER EVER GET THIS THAT CHEAP USUALLY. IF YOU WANT A TURBO K10 GET IT. DONT THINK ABOUT IT - DO IT.

Yes definately. Anyone want the swap done they are free to bring it to me. Probably take a weekend if using the stock transmission etc... Or could use K11 etc with a bit more work.

It will be interesting to see if anyone here gets it. My views of all the K10 owners will be rather poor if its snapped up by somone not from here. Its what everyone has been waiting for. (as you can see I woudn't hesitate, except I dont have a normal K10 any more.)

Someone please get this. Ed will do the transplant, It is a straight swap, it will not be an expensive and long winded conversion!

Someone put their money where their mouth is and do this conversion. You won't see one come up like this ever again!

Why hasn't somone brought this here yet? Whats wrong with you all?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The way I read sonics post, is he is saying the car is worth it for the parts alone. I.e. has all you need, he wouldnt need to play around with his car and injection... this engine already has it.

Easily much more with a bit of well placed mods. Surely this is what all K10 people have ever wanted, and then they ask for more (1.2) just buy the damn thing somone please!

What I cant believe is its a dream come true for any K10 owner, and as usual your all going to ignore it (or so it seems), and keep with stick on super S body kits instead!!!

If it was me I would just buy it now.. Its definately worth that.

i agree with ed, what an oppertunity someones gotta get this. if i didnt have to worry about insurance i would go for this, that and i have no money lol

has anyone actually bothered to message the sellar to check what parts are missing from the car, its not too clear on whats needed, and as its being auctioned as a non runner, the engine may not be a 100% but then again from the pic it looks tasty :p

id have a shot, if i had the cash and some way to get it all the way up here...but i guess, i'll leave it open to one of yous...

got in touch with the guy thats selling it asking what parts would be needed to get the engine up and running and this is the reply i got

"as far as I'm aware just a battery is needed! The engine ran fine before it had the battery removed and sat for a year!"

yea, from the picture the door cards are gone and a few other bits and bobs of the interior.

think the majority would have been after it for the engine anyway

Welcome to the K10 time wasting paradise!!

Oh look there is a turbo and engine for my car, and its for peanuts. I'm just going to sit and watch it go by!!...

:suspect::rolleyes:

yea, from the picture the door cards are gone and a few other bits and bobs of the interior.

think the majority would have been after it for the engine anyway

Nobody should want it for the figaro parts, other then the engine which Ed has already pointed out is worth it alone!

The Figaro is way past sensible repair, however if the engine is sound and only 60,000k then it SHOULD be snapped up by someone here. I think Fordy is wanting it.

If a lot people are waiting until the last few seconds of the auction then this could fetch silly money, I would buy now for £750.00 and be done with it.

Kev

sold for £750 to francesca3223

newman7702 the seller is francesca3223 and by the looks of it, that engine is going in a micra i checked his other items he recently bought a k10.

intresting?

and i just noticed arnold he bought something off you:O gotta be someone from here

Yeah i just looked through my history and i sold some performance leads to this guy. They're in Suffock, but data protection and all that, i can't really say anything else!

So this proves then that even when an opportunity to turbo your K10 arrives people would rather just let it pass by.... (oh dear oh dear)

So this proves then that even when an opportunity to turbo your K10 arrives people would rather just let it pass by.... (oh dear oh dear)

Lack of space and i dont want to turbocharge my micra. Why don't get it and sell for parts if your so certain its a sure winner. fwn

yer we may all want to turbo our micras but most of us are students on budgets (expecially insurance wise at this age)

No not all.

I've been doing this 10 years. Its the first opportunity I have ever seen in all that time to cheaply turbo a K10. I assumed that somone may do so given that its such a rare opportinity. Its no use to me when I alreay have more than enough ST bits!

Back