Ferrybridge Meet 27th March 2010

eltaylor001

North Rep
Hi guys

Sorry for the delay but finally got around to getting on. Here's the confirmation thread finally.

Location: Ferrybridge Services, WF11 OAF. Moving to Xscape, WF10 4TA

Time: 12.:30

Confirmation list (copy and add your name if you are coming)
1. Hugh
2. Eltaylor001 (Ele)

can i just ask why is it always Ferrybridge Services? i think more would turn up to a meet if it wasnt so far? and why not attend a JNE meet or a local crusers meet as a club...theres more of an atmosphere and more cars and people to mingle with? its rather boring just doing the same thing every time!

It is not always Ferrybridge, this is a Northern meet not just a north easterners meet. Ferybridge is not far either, it's about the middle for all Northerners. JNE is not an option for a lot of us so that's why there are local and regional meets as well as national meets. Cruisers meets are just asking for trouble whether legal or not. We've done them before and they didn't work as they do not welcome all. Also how do you know about the meets, I don't believe you been to any as far as I'm aware so that's an invalid judgement on your behalf. Northern meets have been arranged to try to improve turn out for meets as some of the previous meets in some areas have had poor turn outs.

hugh yes ive not been to a north meet and ive not realy wanted to tbh, looking at pics and what people have told me.. not enough people turn up even after putting there name down and it seems boring.

and what do you mean by Cruisers meets are just asking for trouble whether legal or not can you define "trouble" a bit more, where ever there is a large amount of cars there is going to be trouble be it from the police or just lads/lasses messing around in there cars (dont see the harm in that myself) and no meet is legal until you get permission from the police and the land owner!

Martin, if you feel the way you do, then why bother posting? If you were really interested, then where is your positive input on the subject. It's posts like these that add to the lack of enthusiasm for people to turn up and for reps to organise them. We have had a variety of different activities arrange over the years, but the lack of support means that us reps are not willing to put money up front for activities if people are not going to show up. If you wish to improve things then how about suggesting something to the reps, it's not like they are unapproachable or unwilling to listen to the ideas and suggestions of others. Ele and myself have been planning something for later on this year which would be a larger scale meet but at the moment it's in the purely speculative stages.

Again you fail to see what the club is about, where they have been meets with cruises involved there have been issues with illegal activity and safety of all those present. Plus the lack of welcome to all those who attend. Cruises appeal to some people, not all and I'd doubt we'd get some of the older members showing to a cruise. We have had meets at Jap North East when they were at the Stadium of Light, yet they still had a poor turn out and some attending were made to feel unwelcome.

hang on a minute JNE has collapsed as a forum now yet i asked you lot to turn up i only had elle turn up i gave you the chance to come to a car meet at turners before which was an ice off that was a free car meet and close by and you threw it back in my face saying no one on here really has ice it was still a free meet with food and drinks the north east lot are lacking to turn up so why have it local to us when it will only be about four of us if that at least this way we have more people attending and the forum becomes a better comunity if you dont like it martin dont come simple as

Confirmation list (copy and add your name if you are coming)
1. Hugh
2. Eltaylor001 (Ele)
3. Colin
4. Kriss & (lady friend)
5. ken aka jim

Martin, if you feel the way you do, then why bother posting? If you were really interested, then where is your positive input on the subject. It's posts like these that add to the lack of enthusiasm for people to turn up and for reps to organise them. We have had a variety of different activities arrange over the years, but the lack of support means that us reps are not willing to put money up front for activities if people are not going to show up. If you wish to improve things then how about suggesting something to the reps, it's not like they are unapproachable or unwilling to listen to the ideas and suggestions of others. Ele and myself have been planning something for later on this year which would be a larger scale meet but at the moment it's in the purely speculative stages.

Again you fail to see what the club is about, where they have been meets with cruises involved there have been issues with illegal activity and safety of all those present. Plus the lack of welcome to all those who attend. Cruises appeal to some people, not all and I'd doubt we'd get some of the older members showing to a cruise. We have had meets at Jap North East when they were at the Stadium of Light, yet they still had a poor turn out and some attending were made to feel unwelcome.

what do you mean hugh i only asked why its always ferry bridge and could we not go to a orgernised cruse, im not having a bi*ch! and how do i fail to see what the club is about?????? many times i have surgested on the forum for things to do and places to go ive even mentiond it to kenny in person, ive offerd to bring a fair few people with me like 10+ but noses were turned up at that?
This cruse hassel is a load of rubbish a local one i attend every week and a big anual one is rather respecterbul, not 2 weeks ago we all did a run to rais money for cancer research! so what about that is trouble and why from one bad experance brandish all cruses as trouble? its all legaley orgernised and everyone there is welcoming and frendly and are always looking for people to tag along!
can i just say to this made to feel unwelcome malark :S why have a modded car and attend meets then if your botherd about what some lowlifes think, no matter where you go in the car scene there is always a small % of people making fun, making snide remarks taking the mick ect ect its just the way it is there just be egnored.

kenny you go forth mate...if i wanted free food and drink i would go my kitchen, that is no reason to go to a meet! would love to know how i threw it back in your face? i dont know if you have attended a sound off but these people spend a hek of amount of ££££ on there sound. one of there 6x9's cost more than what most spend on a full system...so do you not think for one second we would be the odd ones out and pushed aside and made to feel unwelcome? and err dont worry kenny i dont feel like i want to attend the meet now as i was going to come to this one and bring a few mates with there cars to up the numbers and make it a bit better...i mean heven forbid i ask why its the same location every time and surgest we go elcewere..no wonder its not a good turn out if you take that kind of attitude

w...i mean heven forbid i ask why its the same location every time and surgest we go elcewere..

Everyone was given the opportunity to make suggestions in the original thread! In fact it was supposed to be a North West meet not a North East or General North meet, as they get left out more often than the rest. I also tried to get a decent understanding of how far people are willing to travel in my North members info thread. I don't see your need to go off on one because General North meet location was chosen as way to try and include everyone. If you don't want to come thats fine, but don't ruin it for those that do, this thread was for confirmation of those wishing to come.

1. Hugh
2. Eltaylor001 (Ele)
3. Colin
4. Kriss & (lady friend)
5. ken aka jim
6. Imp124 (mabe in a corsa / fiesta sorry) will bring pics of ST

Martin, ok perhaps I mistook your post as a dig at the meet's location. With regards to the point of the club, you have on occasions been out of line and come across with an exceptionally negative attitude. Why not pop along and give us lot the benefit of meeting you in person rather than hold on to a miss representation of yourself.

With regards to the cruise issue, I have attended a few in my time.
Perhaps the experience from them has jaded me over the years and I may decide one day to check one out once more as things may of moved on.

grr im NOT having a b*tch or a dig, will people please understand that! it was just a genral question is all. hugh, regards to the negitive attitude i dont mean to come across "exceptionally negative" as you say. you carnt just judge somone over written text, you dont know how it was ment to be said. you carnt get sarcasim from text nor attitude, voice toan or body language all these things that genraly contribute to a normal conversation for instance how many ways can "thats a nice jumper" be said but through text you dont know how it was ment to said, most would take it as a nice comment but it could be ment sarcastichly? so will people not judge me from there perseption of how i come across in text.

i dont know if i feel welcome to attend now after this tbh if im seen as a negative person. i gess i could attend if im welcome but i'll not bother if there is any anoamosity

Martin there is absolutely no animosity towards you as far as I'm concerned. It's right we can all make mistakes with regard to the written word and misinterpret ones intentions. You are more than welcome to attend the meet, and it would good opportunity to prove who you really are and not what people have misinterpreted you to be. I'd certainly appreciate a chance to get to know who you are, the same as any other member I haven't yet met. If you do decide to come can you add your name to the list please. The North East lot will meet at the Story Book pub in Boldon for a convoy to Ferrybridge. I'll be giving me mobile number to all concerned sometime next week so everyone has a contact number.

if ya want martin drive to mine and we can go to the story book from there mate oh and bring the spring compressors please havnt had a chance to get over as im working 6 days a week atm

mate oh and bring the spring compressors please havnt had a chance to get over as im working 6 days a week atm

Shall I bring me shocks and springs then to meet and we can put em on as a demo lmao

By the way peeps just had a msg from Jap North East - they are @ Nissan on 28th (day after this). 2pm onwards.

I gess I could fit them for you if you want that's not a problem. Just depends on what laws the car park has as you can be fined up to 5k for carrying out car repares in a publich car park

by the sounds of it we all may as well go to hughs and work on the cars there is more demand for repares than a meet :D

mini meet at hugh's, with 3 meal course, breakfast lunch and dinner on the house, get it? :grinning: this will also include deserts like cakes puddings etc.

its not meals on bloody wheels manny.....whats up like misses not feeding you enough?

if ya want martin drive to mine and we can go to the story book from there mate oh and bring the spring compressors please havnt had a chance to get over as im working 6 days a week atm

sounds like a plan, what time should i be at urs for? and i'll fetch the spring compressors

Well there is a brick barbecue in my back garden. We could always use that, but no doubt it will rain lol.

Well there is a brick barbecue in my back garden. We could always use that, but no doubt it will rain lol.

Could be a spur of the moment thing hugh if the weather is good on the way back? I'll bring extra cash for food to go on the BBQ if There is an asda or the likes near you?

Martin, sure there's a CO-Op about 5 mins from me or there's an Aldi and a Neeto close also, plus a big Sainsbury's at the Whiterose which isn't far. If people are serious about this then I'll get some stuff in.

So if you'd like to come back to mine for food please let me know:

OK folks can you let me know if you're coming back to mine or not? There is plenty of parking and I've negotiated with one of my neighbours to use her drive also.

If you are then can you bring some food with you, that way we can all make sure we've got something we want to eat.

i was thinking of going to this meet but i no longer can now. my sister in laws had a baby boy and my mrs is gonna help her so i have got to look after the kids full time now.

grr guys i dont think i can come, there was a brake in at work last nigth and all my gear has been stolen. ive got to replace my equipment and its going to eat into my travel money :(

so so so sorry, i was realy looking foward to this too

kenny if you wouldnt mind me tagging along with you in your car i could still make it and ill help towards fuel mate

cheers martin

Back