• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Ferrit Mobile.

OP
OP
ferritboy

ferritboy

Ex. Club Member
Thanks for all the comments people- means alot.

managed to cure the heater only working on number 4 setting thanks to Sleeper_ss he had a spare heater card in his workshop so re- greased it and swapped it over now my heater works on all settings now!

Also arranged something for next week so Sleeper_ss in his RAT and his brother in his sad kia pride and myself are going have a bit of a race to see who's the quickest and who comes up with the ####pest excuses! And Martyboy21 if your reading - love you to be there......

Manny

Ex. Club Member
Thanks for all the comments people- means alot.

managed to cure the heater only working on number 4 setting thanks to Sleeper_ss he had a spare heater card in his workshop so re- greased it and swapped it over now my heater works on all settings now!

Also arranged something for next week so Sleeper_ss in his RAT and his brother in his sad kia pride and myself are going have a bit of a race to see who's the quickest and who comes up with the ####pest excuses! And Martyboy21 if your reading - love you to be there......

sounds fun lol let us know what happens.

martinb

Ex. Club Member
im reading jay,just been down there im now the proud new owner of the red 1.0 with black bonnet!!wont be racing though far to sensible for that.......

got big big plans for his one, got time, space and lots of knowledge of what i want etc!!

mmm satin black ftw!!

OP
OP
ferritboy

ferritboy

Ex. Club Member
im reading jay,just been down there im now the proud new owner of the red 1.0 with black bonnet!!wont be racing though far to sensible for that.......

got big big plans for his one, got time, space and lots of knowledge of what i want etc!!

mmm satin black ftw!!

I knew you had a brain so welcome back to the k11 club! Start a new blog and remember *cough* who lowered it! Its a good car i took it to bognor last year there and back with no problems and a 1.3L inplant isn't the end of the world.
As for wont be racing- 'yeah right' comes to mind!

martinb

Ex. Club Member
me racing, nah never mate, keeping the 1.0 standard honest......

seems like a good car, not that there will be much left of it when i get my hands on it, 1.3 will go in, i;ll do it myself, i reckon i'll be capable, oh and also cheers for the lowering, how much exactly is left of my springs?Ha ha

ill get some lowering springs for it and let you do your magic mate

fancy the sr20 n/a to be honest, unless i can my hands on a b16/18 for cheap(probably not)!!??

following the steps of 'rat' absolutely no weight in the car, everythings getting trimmed /removed cut out

got my recaro to go in, might need your handy assitance in bodging on to my seat rail if possible

i've done the pretty shiny car now so going for fully stripped performance minded, ill respray it and do what i want to it without worrying about the paint etc, can flare the arches, cut bumpers etc

loving the car mate, the kia man didnt like the fact another micra supporter turned up today, wonder if there are any kia pride clubs for his back up!??haha

cheers mate

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
Yipeee Spring is here..the toys are out again & competition is hot & everyone is looking at losing weight for the summer...perfect :)
Had a nose around the Ferritmobile today,good to see it on the road (slam it,take no prisoners biatch ;)) & well pleased that Mart has bought my back-up red old skool 95 Micra.Got me out of trouble that car while RaT was cursed & took Ferrit away for the weekend at the seaside without drama.Happy ending,looking forward to seeing progress Mart...Oh & it started first time after 3 months in a waterlogged car park.If it had been a Fiesta it would have been weighed in tomorrow ;)
GA16Seeper who lives local is coming for a visit...& it's the Mini run on May 16th,we've planned for years to go for a drive with them in some Jap super-minis.They come right through Croydon & up the A23 so if anyone fancies a laugh get in touch.Hope it don't rain or the roads will be full of Minis with damp distributors :)
Just got in from workshop at silly O clock,spent the night dealing with the bonnet,stripping a few bits out & removed carpet & scraped sound deadener from drivers side.Updating blog now...

OP
OP
ferritboy

ferritboy

Ex. Club Member
Been very busy with the Ferrit mobile over the past couple of days... reading and seeing Sleeper_ss and his rAt on a diet made me think that a bit of weight loss is the way forward.
first i took the rear bumper off amd cut down the bumper iron so the 2 13mm bolt fixings were all thats left and cut all the plastic bits from behind the bumper. Basically just stuck it back on!
Sorry no pics of this....
After doing that it was the rear sound proofing to go.
Before, small amount on the rear arches....
utf-8BSU1HMDAxMjMtMjAxMDA0MDgtMTMwM.jpg

This is whats underneath the rear seat....
utf-8BSU1HMDAxMjQtMjAxMDA0MDgtMTMwM.jpg

These are behind the rear quarters...
utf-8BSU1HMDAxMjUtMjAxMDA0MDgtMTMwM.jpg

Took me a while to scrape it all off with a scraper and a slight tap with a hammer and ended up with a sore hand:doh:
This is what i was left with after...
utf-8BSU1HMDAxMjYtMjAxMDA0MDktMTcxN.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMjctMjAxMDA0MDktMTcxN.jpg

Probably took a few 100 grams off its a lot of hard work just to save weight!!!!!
utf-8BSU1HMDAxMjgtMjAxMDA0MDktMTcxN.jpg

OP
OP
ferritboy

ferritboy

Ex. Club Member
Today i decided to perspex the 2 front windows so after a trip down to B&Q £45 later i was the proud owner of 2 pieces of perspex 4mm thick! Took the glass out of the doors, drew round it and cut it out with a jigsaw very slowly! Half way round the blade got hot and started to melt the line i was cutting (not the end of the world with some sand paper)
Here are the results....
Drivers side
utf-8BSU1HMDAxMjktMjAxMDA0MTAtMTQyM.jpg

Passengers side
utf-8BSU1HMDAxMzAtMjAxMDA0MTAtMTUwM.jpg

The waste material
utf-8BSU1HMDAxMzEtMjAxMDA0MTAtMTUwM.jpg

Fitted
utf-8BSU1HMDAxMzItMjAxMDA0MTAtMTUwN.jpg

And Darcy standing proud in front of the new light weight front windows!
utf-8BSU1HMDAxMzMtMjAxMDA0MTAtMTUwN.jpg

The weight differnce is quite noticable with no scales not sure what i have saved but a cheapish and quick way of saving some weight....
I had to seal the plastic clips to the perspex and found it quite hot driving back home without having the window open otherwise the plastic will come off the clip and cause me problems.

OP
OP
ferritboy

ferritboy

Ex. Club Member
On the way home i was challenged to a race by the kia pride bloke (read Sleeper_ss blog for story on him) He was banging on about 'power to weight' and the fact he has more cc than me, oh and we had to race in a straight line due to his lack on handling! Before we set off i had a 20meter drive of the kia- and my god what a horrible and sad car it is!
Well basically the Micra walked all over it, round the twisty road i was gone he was just a speck in my mirror, on the straights single lane he was just in my way and dual carriage way (i give him his dew) he was keeping up with me but not catching at all!
utf-8BSU1HMDAxMzQtMjAxMDA0MTAtMTYyN.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMzUtMjAxMDA0MTAtMTYyN.jpg

And notice my new front windows... they don't look any different at all to the stock glass ones!

OP
OP
ferritboy

ferritboy

Ex. Club Member
Cheers Frank everytime i look around the car there is always something that can come off or be replaced with something lighter!!!! I'm sure you do the same!!?? Frank have a look on ebay and type in ''micra lightweight wheel nuts'' and see what you think?
Cheers Manny- very pleased with how they turned out and yeah i have taken the film off just left it on for the photo, looking out of them is just like looking out of normal glass and being 4mm thick they aren't flimsy and quite strong to bang and hold up it the wind.

OP
OP
ferritboy

ferritboy

Ex. Club Member
He's a right ..... and that's why we take the #### out of him..... Notice the black rear end..... Wtf........????!!!!!!

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
you --itin me that guy from highlander one - their can be only one bet he says that in the beggining of every race
black rear end = kia pride turbs spec ? he is the kia pride DON!!

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
As usual Kia man has re-written history.Although you were in front of him he's still going to beat you/us when he gets round to stripping more out of the gay-pride so that makes him the glorious winner ok!?.Ask him for this weeks progress report,he's managed to talk a load of bolloicks as usual & ruined the paintwork with a rattle can.Oh & took out back window,cocked up the ali window & had to put glass back in so he has in fact gained weight!
He locks the thing up with the alarm on (like anyone wants to steal that)but if I can "borrow" his keys I'll stick a pair of socks in his air box ;)

OP
OP
ferritboy

ferritboy

Ex. Club Member
Been a while since i have been bothered to do anything to the Ferrit mobile, so had a kick up the backside and fitted 1.6 injectors, extra earth straps and bonnet lifters and turbo styled the bonnet. Extra earth starps to give better response, 1600 injectors for extra oomph and turbo'd the bonnet for a bit of style, it was a very cheap mod (few nuts and bolts laying about!) and also lets the hot air out of the engine bay quicker!
New GA16 (black) injectors
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNTEtMjAxMDA1MTItMTIwN.jpg

Old CG13 (white) injectors
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNjAtMjAxMDA1MTItMTQ1M.jpg

Fitted in the fuel rail
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNTMtMjAxMDA1MTItMTMxM.jpg

Earth straps in red (i know thats positive) because of the red theme under the bonnet
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNTItMjAxMDA1MTItMTIwO.jpg

Start from behind the nearside headlight and negative battery terminal
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNTQtMjAxMDA1MTItMTQ0N.jpg

Run it round the back of the engine and connect it to the block
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNTUtMjAxMDA1MTItMTQ0N.jpg

A few different connections on the left hand side of the engine bay, back to block then body again.
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNTYtMjAxMDA1MTItMTQ0N.jpg

And finally finish off behind the offside headlight
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNTctMjAxMDA1MTItMTQ0N.jpg

All the original earth on the car were very rusty so cleaned those up by sanding off the rust back down to the shiney brass, some of the 10mm bolts were also very rusty so just replaced them with cleaner ones.....
Nice new shiney bonnet lifters, had to cut away abit of the hinge because when the bonnet was closed it slightly bent the lifter.
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNTktMjAxMDA1MTItMTQ0N.jpg

The engine bay after all my hard work YAY!
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNTgtMjAxMDA1MTItMTQ0N.jpg

A re-map is on the cards next, along with a bigger exhaust and some more subtle weight reductions.

martinb

Ex. Club Member
looking good my friend, coming along nicely!befor the re map id get yourself a better manifold? open her up more, looking very nice though, well meet up soon be in touch cheers

OP
OP
ferritboy

ferritboy

Ex. Club Member
Got abit bored this afternoon, so decided to lighten the already lightweight door handle.... how an@L! drilled alot of 4mm holes spaced out then opened them up with a 13mm bit. Saved about 50grams but it all adds up!!! Going to spray it black before fitting.
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNjctMjAxMDA1MjYtMTc1M.jpg