• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Ferrit Mobile.

ferritboy

Ex. Club Member
Some of you may be following sleeper_ss blog of the RAT. Im a pal of his and also have a micra as a toy!.... so decided to start my own blog, but its being started half way through getting it back on the road. So here it goes.
These are pics of it up in the air pretty much stripped down on the outside. It was jetwashed off all underneath and engine bay. Hammerite black paint underneath and under arches.

Attachments

• ferritmobile1.jpg
    ferritmobile1.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 345
  • ferritmobile.jpg
    ferritmobile.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 379
Since these were taken over the sunny summer months loads has been done. Its back on the floor with mk2 golf GTi wheels, fully serviced with standard parts, clear repeters, sparco red harnesses, K&N mushroom filter, OMP front strut brace, red rocker cover, smoothed tailgate with K10 numberplate lights, import rear number plate.

ATM its in the paint shop having something alittle different done to it- NOT telling yet but hopefully go there over the weekend and take some picture so you can guess!!! Thats why this blog has no pictures so far!!!!!

Some furter mods to be done- 4-2-1 mani, adjustable panhard, lightened flywheel, sports clutch. Heres some picture of my other toys to keep you busy......

Attachments

• starlet1.jpg
    starlet1.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 311
  • M845ELC (8).JPG
    M845ELC (8).JPG
    478.2 KB · Views: 345
How it first turned up- found these on the PC..........

Attachments

• micra1.jpg
    micra1.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 317
  • micra2.jpg
    micra2.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 352
I had a load of pictures of the S too on my old PC,sadly I had a lager related hardrive incident & have managed to wipe 5 years of info.I'll check my photobucket account & see if I backed them up there..

k11micra
Just brought this flywheel off of Napster- turned up tuesday. CHEERS NAPSTER!! Anyway it weighs 5.16 kilograms, so today i dropped it off to my local machine shop (sutton rebore) to see if they can get it skimmed down to about 4kg.

Oh and big thanks to mph (matt) at humphries oxford for supplying me with an adjustable panhard and sfs performance red coolant hoses.

Some pictures of its first clean up and dismantled.....

Attachments

• micra3.jpg
    micra3.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 299
  • micra4.jpg
    micra4.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 288
  • micra6.jpg
    micra6.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 280
  • micra5.jpg
    micra5.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 312
  • micra7.jpg
    micra7.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 282
  • micra8.jpg
    micra8.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 291
Loved the side sticker "Super S" on the fourth picture! Pity you removed it :( Never saw it before, do you have a picture where we can see it better ?

Since then the stickers have been removed and the black strip housing the number plate lights have been replaced with k10 lights.
Sorry Seb_ no pictures of the SuperS badge because its gone!

Little up date of what i have been doing and a few pics of the progress.....

Attachments

• utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzIt.jpg
    utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzIt.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 283
  • utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzYt.jpg
    utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzYt.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 262
  • utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzUt.jpg
    utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzUt.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 265
  • utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzMt.jpg
    utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzMt.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 297
Picture of the engine now has ''SFS'' performance red silicone coolant hoses, painted red rocker cover, k&n mushroom filter and OMP top front strut brace.

Picture 2 is of the back which had been all stripped out and Sparco red 3 point harnesses.

Picture 3 is of my stupidly small 11inch momo steering wheel!!

Picture 4 is the back end which has had the rear side windows removed and replaced with sheet metat turning it into a van! The bootlid has been smoothed off and k10 number plate lights fitted.

Also an adjustable panhard rod is now fitted with a little confusion and a quick shift gear stick from an nissan almera gtr? The shifter has very little movement between gears.

i like the engine bay in red. where did you get the red hoses? a bit ov weight reduction and the numer plate lights will look good. (Y)

The hoses came from matt at humphries oxford, im going for the red and white theme like the japanese flag....!!!! Theres a few more kilos to be removed and i thought the k10 lights are different and look a little bit like the march tailgate.

yeah they do look like the march nipples. you taken the rear wiper off and filling it over? the rear windows have been vinyled in white?

All the bootlid has been filled already, hopefully should get some paint on it tomorrow.... The rear window glass have been thrown away and replaced with metal cut to shape and sealed on turning into a little van!

yeah i see what you mean the key hole in the hatch also been done. youve left your cap on the battery for the overflow tank? ive taken mine off.

Thanks for that!!! i was bleeding the system earlier because of all the pipes being off, So Manny you have removed the overflow bottle altogether?? Thats a good idea for space and weight, so just let the over flow pipe run down and any excess run onto the floor?

Thanks for that!!! i was bleeding the system earlier because of all the pipes being off, So Manny you have removed the overflow bottle altogether?? Thats a good idea for space and weight, so just let the over flow pipe run down and any excess run onto the floor?

so just let the over flow pipe run down and any excess run onto the floor?[/QUOTE]

yes thats what i have done yeah. its just a overflow from the radiator. i did it because it was inway of changing the bulbs a little more space and a liitle more air from the engine because it was covering the hole to the wheel arch.

The ferrit mobile is all masked up today ready for paint this week sometime, both bumpers, both rear quarters and rear window panels, drivers door, passengers wing and tailgate. So she should be on the road soon after the MOT and sports clutch and lightened flywheel fitted.

im back you schhllaaaagg! i'll be down soon,to see you both, cars come along way jay, top marks to you and rat for getting it this far!!

Welcome back martboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahahaha i did leave u a message on ur profile!!! u back in a k11??? im not actually at clives anymore but the super S is next door gettin some paint, come along long way since you last saw her!!! be good to meet so pm me im only down the road.

Made a home made rear strut brace today:
Really easy to make- just a meter of solid steel tube, heated up the two ends cherry red then hammered them flat. made a hole in each end and painted it red!

Attachments

• utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTMt&.jpg
    utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTMt&.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 264
  • utf-8BSU1HMDAwODkt.jpg
    utf-8BSU1HMDAwODkt.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 253
Made a home made rear strut brace today:
Really easy to make- just a meter of solid steel tube, heated up the two ends cherry red then hammered them flat. made a hole in each end and painted it red!

thats clever good idea. does it fit ok?

Yes mate fits spot on, slips on top of the thread of the shock and another couple of 14mm nuts to hold it in place. Cheap and easy mod seeing as you can't really get hold of these easily.

Yes mate fits spot on, slips on top of the thread of the shock and another couple of 14mm nuts to hold it in place. Cheap and easy mod seeing as you can't really get hold of these easily.
is it supported ok there wont be any snapping the top shock bolts will there?

does it make your nack end more stiffer? have you fitted it yet.

A couple of pictures of it painted, and the home made rear strut fitted- all that asked it fitted perfectly and hold the top rear suspension together to help the rear end handling. Because i black taped the two ends people have asked me if ita broom handle... its NOT!!! The paints dry so i just masking taped the number plate to see what it will look like.....
Hopefully very soon the clutch and lightened flywheel can be fitted and off for an MOT.
utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTUtMjAxMDAzMTgtMTMxO.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwOTQtMjAxMDAzMTgtMTMxO.jpg

Looking real good Ferritboy! Loving the idea of the homemade rear strut brace. Looks like the paints come out very well too!

Good job Ferrit ! The paint was done at home? With a spray can or a prof gun painter ?

Cheers !

Seb

Seb_ The father inlaw is a painter so luckily he's done all the hard work for me. The panels that have been painted just need flat and polishing, overall im very happy with it and can't wait to un mask it

The ferrit mobile is finally MOT'd and on the road, the paint job is excellent and also the lightened & balanced flywheel and sports clutch all fitted. Managed to get a stock flywheel weighing in at 4.5kg and using ebay item number 390126557933 sports clutch. With these my micra really does launch very quickly.
Drove down to Bognor Regis over the weekend and had some fun down the country lanes chasing and over taking people. I think some of them were quite surprised when an old K reg nissan micra flew past!
utf-8BSU1HMDAxMTktMjAxMDA0MDQtMTc0N.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMjAtMjAxMDA0MDQtMTc0N.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMjEtMjAxMDA0MDQtMTc0N.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMjItMjAxMDA0MDQtMTc0N.jpg

Found a couple of faults with the ferrit mobile- The heater only works on the forth setting, when the fuel tank if brimming the gauge only shows 3/4 full, the middle left heater vent is broken and finally the wipers on intermitent work only when they want too!!
The next thing on the list is probably uprate all the earth straps round the engine using gold plated ones.
The first and second cat have been removed so no restriction on exaust and makes quite a throaty sound along with the k&n filter.
Find myself walking around to car taking bits and pieces off to make it lighter!

well done ferritt good to know its back on the road, paintwork looks clean you just got to sort a few minors out.

Back