fault code reader

have somebody made fault code reader yourself? i have heard it's simple to made. one led and one resistor,but what colour of led and resistor size?and what are the right pins in the diagnostic plugin? picture?

car is nissan micra 1993 1.3

i have diagnostic autodata where to look faults.

thanks helping me! :grinning:

I have an actual Reader, and a program on both my computers to tell me what the fault is on any car, where about are you? Anywhere near Leeds?

Don't know how to make your own though.

On old cars (pre 2001 I think) that don't have a OBD2/EOBD connectors, I've been told you can flash em out with a couple of paperclips. Its just knowing which pins to stick stuff in. I've never done it myself cos my Civic was the only car that had a prob and it was OBD2. Have a quick google you might be able to find out which pins are required.

On old cars (pre 2001 I think) that don't have a OBD2/EOBD connectors, I've been told you can flash em out with a couple of paperclips. Its just knowing which pins to stick stuff in. I've never done it myself cos my Civic was the only car that had a prob and it was OBD2. Have a quick google you might be able to find out which pins are required.

I did this with the 100nx. used the engine managment light to display the codes. just shorted two pins out with some wire.

fault reader

there is no engine light in the dashboard. maybe i have to find that ECU box and use paperclip. I saw one picture where bottom right pins are the right ones.

there is no OBD plugin but there is nissan's own diagnostic plugin what can read with reader, or made itself led..just known the pins where data comefrom.. long led flash is 10 and short one is 1. same as ECU.

Attachments

• PICT0145.JPG
    PICT0145.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,957
Back