Fastest Proven NA Micra Rolling Road Results! 94.5bhp/ 88.8lbft @6011rpm #See Photos#

pietro

Ex. Club Member
Stop Press: Worlds Fastest NA (normally aspirated) 1.2 8v Micra Shocks!

Took the beast to the RR centre today for another tune! Tuning guys could not believe the power output (the don't use correction methods at this place to make people feel better either).

Anyway the car is now 100% on song, pulls like a train and wheel spins in 3rd again! I don't t think that anyone can beat this figure, but I'd love a challenge!

Comments please, especially on my beautifull torque curve :)

ps. Bob - I bet you happy with this result!

Attachments

• MicraDynoImage.jpg
    MicraDynoImage.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 433
  • MicraDataLog.jpg
    MicraDataLog.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 259
  • MicraDataLogPart2.jpg
    MicraDataLogPart2.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 266
BHP is @ Fly, Torque @ Wheels. However torque is needed to reduce BHP power loss from fly to wheels. E.g. @ 105mph (6900rpm) I have 92bhp @ fly but because torque is down to 69lbft I only make 75bhp @ wheels. However @ 91mph (6000rpm)I have 94.4bhp and 88.8 lbft which equates to 84bhp @ wheels. See attached images for more information.

Thats alot more like it. There is still more room at the top end. The torque falls off quite steeply. I think more wild cams would do you good there.

I think now the engine produces a great balance between relaxed everyday driving and race, economy is even good! This is why I would rule out wilder cams (I don't want to rob from bottom end power for more top end), however bigger valves and porting would help bottom end which is more of an interest to me :)

Att: Bombz and Paul_k10_lx

I think you should take your cars to this guy, he is the best I have ever seen (a very frank, no bull guy). The car was on rolers for 5/6 hours and he charged me £100! Thats a bargain!

I think now the engine produces a great balance between relaxed everyday driving and race, economy is even good! This is why I would rule out wilder cams (I don't want to rob from bottom end power for more top end), however bigger valves and porting would help bottom end which is more of an interest to me :)

Att: Bombz and Paul_k10_lx

I think you should take your cars to this guy, he is the best I have ever seen (a very frank, no bull guy). The car was on rolers for 5/6 hours and he charged me £100! Thats a bargain!

wow thats very good where abouts is he located??

and how long did u have to wait as in boooking time?

NICE! ,,,it would be interesting to see the results for a 988cc equivalent for this mod-set...(if anyone may be near to achieving this )

Do you think a -20% across the range would be a close guess?

pietro, if you went to mapped ignition with carbs and a better cam you would see power much higher and not loose much below. The fact that you have fixed ignition (no vac) as the print out says is a massive compromise...

Its not taking vacuum for the ignition?
But that ain't hard to make at all and should work quite well. You can get those nipple thingies you can screw in when you make a small hole in the manifold.

I also think you might get good results with a ma10, not -20% guess it's less than that perhaps more near the -10% or something.

ye damn right where is it? my car will still be far behind you guys though! wil be interesting to see pauls results could be nice if its done in the same place we know the readings are fair too!!!

Found this info on the 'Track N Road' RR centre I used:

Track & Road Powerformance
Unit 9, Noak Ind Est, New Rd, Wennington, Rainham, Essex RM13 9EB
Tel: 01708 869189 Engine Tuning

Map:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....lic&addr2=&quicksearch=RM13 9EB&addr3=&addr1=

Photos:

http://www.mycaterham.com/66828/117478.html?*session*id*key*=*session*id*val*

"Track'n'Road were recommended by a few prominent members of Blatchat. They are located north of Dartford just the other side of the Queen Elizabeth Bridge."

http://saabclub.co.uk/team/news/061029.html

"On Saturday (28th) we took the car to Track'n'Road Powerformance in Rainham to put the car on the dyno."

Video (SaabClub):

http://saabclub.co.uk/team/news/061029_mov01.html

Write Up:

http://www.sbdev.co.uk/SBD_West/SBD_Westie.htm

"The Rolling Road is a superbly accurate and repeatable German manufactured TaT CH2 machine, 1 of only 4 made to date. It's 1200 BHP single roller technology combines with a 4000 Nm retarder which caters for serious mapping work as well as inertia only power runs."

########## RR Costs: ##############

£30.00 for power run and fueling check etc! Thats cheap!

Bombz/ Paul_K10_LX/ Everyone:

I really think you both should use this guy. His contact details are on my RR graph. I imagine he would carge Bombz less that £100 and Paul (as your job is setting up x4 small carbs) between £100 aand £150.

Everyone else could go along for a £30 power run and fueling check to ensure everything is running sweet on your car.

It could work like this:

Micra RR day for all forum users who want to check power/ fueling and timing is setup for max power and economy.
Then Bombz as his carb should only take an hour or two)
Then Paul K10 LX could have his carbs setup after Bombz.

This would be a good day for all club members.

I also found this image of Marks tuned Micra, it was a 1.2 with piper cam and s/s exhaust I think:

Attachments

• micra mark bhp.jpg
    micra mark bhp.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 271
Ed/ Bob:

Ed do you think with just 3D ignition I would get much more power then now, also what would be the cost of 3D ignition. The thing is I like to keep the car as simple as possible, the more systems I add the more chance of breakdown.

I suppose 3D ignition would be better then playing with cams, valves and porting at this stage right?

Pietro

What about the normal ignition timing to start with? That's easy and very cheap.
Although when you have the money you can try and get another ignition setup, but perhaps that needs some mapping and stuff when you go non-mechanical.

Ed/ Bob:

Ed do you think with just 3D ignition I would get much more power then now, also what would be the cost of 3D ignition. The thing is I like to keep the car as simple as possible, the more systems I add the more chance of breakdown.

I suppose 3D ignition would be better then playing with cams, valves and porting at this stage right?

Pietro

not cheap pietro alpha bronze kit is an ignition only management and is a fully mappable 3d system.. from demon tweeks,this is the silver kit shone with carbs which you dont need but in the catalog they list it and ignition kit only will set you back around £800 not cheap...
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=A/AK99001

£800! No way! Thats too much, and thats before setting up plus its more to go wrong (just like when my rev limiter failed).

I would rather spend money on cams, porting and bigger valves. What BHP gain would I achieve with this?

DO IT PROPERLY. If you skimp on the most important parts of the engines control what point is there in doing anything else? Engine managment is the most serious part of any car, anycar that does not have it is at a huge disadvantage to anyother car that does.

You dont need to spend as much as £800 that would get you a full omex system which you dont need. All you need is an alpha-n capable ignition computer like this: http://www.omextechnology.co.uk/Ecus/100/omem100.htm

You can get kits for about £350, fitting is not that hard, and its quite possible that a K10 super S distributor could be made to provide the crank angle signal with it.

This is the only thing that I would consider next on this car. Once you do this expect to gain in many places on that torque curve. as the ignition can be optimised at every point.

Ed

I was just wondering, you have piper cams and the head is skimmed 50thou (suppose that's 0.5mm, right ?)

Can the engine handle this higher compression ratio for every day use ?
I believe quickie tried something like this once and he ended up with smashed central release bearings...

Greetz,

Ne1LL

btw, did someone delete my post count by accident ?
thanks alienfish, got the point now.

ED:

I understand your point. However I love simplicity. Even once the alpha-n is installed it would then need to be remapped right?

Also what bhp/ torque gains would you expect and where?

Thanks

track and road are very good, my mate went there and got 240bhp out of his CA18ET on stock ecu, car was there for some time aswell, nice bloke to speak to he knows his stuff

Back