Fast tickover

Six months I have been living with my Micra and to be honest I love the little thing .

After a few teething problems getting the old girl sorted from a life of neglect , the one problem that is bugging me the most is this .

After a run down the motorway ( 40 miles ) I am faced with an engine that is racing away at traffic lights , It doesnt do it all the time but it is driving me nuts .

How do I sort it ?

Steve

there are a few threads on setting the idle steve (mostly paul,s/pollyp :)) coldstart idle and warmed up idle etc

The problem is not just a fast idle .

It is fine from cold and most times when warm it just is a lot faster after a run on the motorway , it settles down after a short while straight after though .

Driving me bloody mad .

Steve

The problem is not just a fast idle .

It is fine from cold and most times when warm it just is a lot faster after a run on the motorway , it settles down after a short while straight after though .

Driving me bloody mad .

Steve
if the throttle or cable cable is,nt sticking, then probably an idle control valve issue eh

Agree, my Fiesta's idle valve was well beyond its time and the revs kept sticking to about 3k after driving.
I cleaned it a few times with carb cleaner which sorted it temporarily but the ultimate solution was a replacement.

Back