fan/rad switch?

Layla

Deactivated Account
engine died a slow and painful death a few months back, and when my uncle took a look at it he said the switch for the fan was missing, hence gasket explosions.
now my fan runs on constant. do i need to go buy a rad/fan switch or is it ok to keep running on constant til i can afford a new engine?
that seems to be the only problem with the engine now, apart from it needs a kick up the arse to get it started. any ideas on that either? has been suggested timing chain needs re-setting but anything else would be greatly appreciated.

cheers in advance

layla

it shoudent do any damage with the fan on all the time but it will take a but longer to heat up so id watch out for that, as for the switch i wudnt know how to check that , mabey someone else could shed some light? if worst comes to worst you might want to wire it to a toggle switch so you can turn it on or off looking at the temp guage
Chie

chie said:
wire it to a toggle switch so you can turn it on or off looking at the temp guage
Chie

Thats what im about to start doing as my fan has never came on in all of the few weeks that iv been driving the car, in saying that the temp gauge doesnt go higher than mid way so....

Daz :alien:

ians old k10 (which my aunty owns now) has the wires on the fan cut and has never run when he and my aunty has it lol including around town and motorway driving, its never overheated yet that i know of !!

I don't know if the K11 is like other cars, but the fan switch is normally just a small screw in device on the radiator... pretty easy to replace, and can just be taken from the scrapyard. The fans aren't designed for continuous duty, so it might break if you drive the car a lot.

Back