Fan not kicking in...

My gauge never really goes past just under half way... Could be cold weather, was just curious & paranoid as usual... Flushed coolant system a while back & didn't remove thermostat as recommended by Haynes but coolant was pretty clean anyway... Was just worried I'd goosed it somehow?...

Just wanted my mind put to rest thanks...

If your want to know take the car for a careful fast drive, then stop somewhere and see if that helps. Keep an eye on the temparature gauge though

My gauge never really goes past just under half way... Could be cold weather, was just curious & paranoid as usual... Flushed coolant system a while back & didn't remove thermostat as recommended by Haynes but coolant was pretty clean anyway... Was just worried I'd goosed it somehow?...

Just wanted my mind put to rest thanks...

Nowt wrong with that then :)

I do a fair bit of fast driving... Majority of my route to & from work is 70 & 50 roads...

Though sticking to back roads at the minute due to my caliper problems...

Doing a good ol' run up to Liverpool soon (brakes will be sorted by then) so we'll see how she does...

Fan is switched by a different sensor than the guage one. Their are two plugs just behind the distributor/(where the dizzy should go if you've got coil packs) un plug the 2 wire clip. Fan should come on

Fan is switched by a different sensor than the guage one. Their are two plugs just behind the distributor/(where the dizzy should go if you've got coil packs) un plug the 2 wire clip. Fan should come on

Aah, I'll give that a go!... Cheers for the insight!

Back