Failed NCT/MOT 3times help needed :(

As above my gf 03 micra went for its nct and failed 3times on emissions.
(1st test) low idle- CO. 0,44vol% above 0.30% is a fail and high idle was CO. 0.53% above 0.20% is a fail

(2nd test) low idle. CO. 0.01%. high idle CO. 0.90% above 0.20% is a fail. It passed on the low idle after getting a cat welded in not were stock one is. but now shows up a O2 sensor(brand new-blueprint one) so it got that also put in after the welded in cat.

(3rd test) low idle. CO. 0.56% vol above 0.30%vol is a fail. high idle CO. 0.62%vol above 0.20 is a fail. now itsshowing up that the new sensor is not right/at fault. its also cutting in and out,fuel pump problem i think,my main question is could or would the fuel pump cause it to fail the NCT/MOT on emissions,as im lost as to where to go next with it as dont want to get a new fuel pump if it wont fix the problem.

cheers in advance mikey

you need to monitor the output from the 2 lambda,s really mikey (bluetooth adapter + torque app or whatever) it only costs £10 all in, and is really useful for diagnosis etc

bump i also forgot to say that the sensor 2 i got brand new shows up as a fault code? anyone have an idea as what to do with this problem im having?

Back