Factory CD Player - specifications or replacement suggestions for iPod compatibility?

C

Crunchie

Does anyone know what the power output of the stock 6-speaker CD player that came with my 2003 1.4 Micra SE? I want to be able to use my iPod in the car - can it be connected to this unit? If not, can anyone suggest a replacement CD/Radio that sounds equally as good as, if not better than, the stock unit? For example, this unit is less than £50 but will it sound as good as the original player I have now?

http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/productnl_512.html

Thanks!

Kev, West Midlands

OP
OP
C

Crunchie

Thanks Paddy - offhand do you know what the power output is of the installed Nissan CD stereo in my 2003 Micra SE? (K12) so I can compare it to the Aiwa's? I would want any repacement unit to have AT LEAST as much top end - preferably a tad more - as this. And did you fit it yourself or could a Nissan dealer do it? Thanks!

masterbiker

Ex. Club Member
Go here for ipod compatable HU Linky

This on looks that daddy and i probibly will be getting it once i have some cash after xmas, shame it will probibly be back to £200 by then. linky

Oh and rest assured about the british made part of the inphase HU, i had an inphase amp and it was damn good for the price.

masterbiker

Ex. Club Member
Oh and here is the nissan HU that was in mine, not sure if thats the one that is in newer ones, but it will almost definatly be another blaupunkt. Here