Facelift to pre facelift rear lights

I've recently bought some pre facelift rear lights but I'm stuck with wiring them. Do I take apart the bulb holders or do I need to change the loom. Help would be much appreciated.
Tom
Aoi2jBg.jpg

bjGEKMD.jpg

Get a multimeter and pull the pins from the plugs then replace wires as needed :)
I was thinking this would be the way. Just to clarify this is the plug that connect to the light from the car loom. Last thing any tips on re-sealing the light? I ask plenty haha ;)

I changed the light loom plug to avoid messing up the body electrics :)
Pu gutter sealant will be fine however the old stuff is actually recyclable if you form it back right :)

Like MicraPro when I replaced my UK spec rear light clusters with Nissan JDM units I did not want to mess with the wiring loom so I made up some patch leads with male and female connector plugs which were sourced by davyboy! :D

P9231657.JPG

Before
P8021575.JPG

After
1459612557684[1].jpg

Damn I did it in January, I tracked down all lights first, then chcecked the pins in lamp and matched them in connector, I'll check the colors today

Thank you for the posts. I've got part of the loom with a male connecter still attached to the lights, so I'll strip the wires, cut the loom in the car and use a terminal block.
Will post update

Last edited:
Lights are fitted now :) I cut the loom with the male connector left attached to the light. I then tested each wire with a 9V battery to see which each wire did what. After noting down all the wires, it was just a case of matching the correct wires in a terminal block.
kjVeGTS.jpg

YmiUGor.jpg

Result
EUPda8m.jpg

Back