Facelift K11 Project from Greece

Hello everyone! I decided to make a project thread to show you my mighty micra and all
of its mods. Some people call me "LED Freak" but i dont know why :p. Its a 5 door hatchback
2002 model with the 1.0L CG10DE 4 cylinder engine. I use it for my dialy drives because
its economical and cheap to insure. Now with the mods, i will upload all the photos as soon
as possible. Here are the current mods

• Vinyl wrapped window switches with Carbon Fiber vinyl
• Security light from red to blue
• White LED interior dome light (new one soon)
• Blue LED strobe boot light (white one soon)
• White LED license plate lights
• Sony speakers with tweeters under the front seats
• Blaupunkt Madrid 210 Headunit

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

814-1294-thickbox.jpg

OP
OP
Vesar
UPDATES

•Red LEDs in door handles
I used 4x 3mm red leds and made a hole in the all 4 door handles to fit the leds. The power source is the cigarette lighter which
has 12V power and switches on and off with the turn of the key.
If you need extra information just ask and i will reply asap
I made a DIY thread here --> http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/47535-DIY-Door-handle-LED-mod

The finishing product looks DOPE in person! I took some pictures to show you but they arent that good

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Hello Led Man! lol
What happens when you want to remove the door card though? surely you will have to cut the led's off?

Like the blue security led.

OP
OP
Vesar
Hello Led Man! lol
What happens when you want to remove the door card though? surely you will have to cut the led's off?

Like the blue security led.

Hhaha! No the leds aren't glued to the door handles they snuggle fit to the hole and thats it. If i want to remove the door i only have to pull it from the handle.
I changed the security led to a less powered led cus the other one was blinding me especially when i was working in the car

OP
OP
Vesar
UPDATES

•JDM orange cluster lights
So today i painted my cluster lights with a permanent marker JDM orange ;) I also painted my ac control t10 bulbs,
i ordered 5 smd t10 leds for the ac control unit in red color to match the door handle lights. I will do my cluster lights
again with red color so keep an eye for the DIY soon.
Now the pictures

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

OP
OP
Vesar
UPDATES

• New 40W tweeters
I bought from my local store some new tweeters to replace the old Nissan ones. Not sure what brand but turns out to
be better than the original. Once again i am going stealth so you cant really tell with the grille on the difference

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Vesar, where's the switch for the boot lights? Is it independent or once you open the boot lid the light go on?

OP
OP
Vesar
UPDATES

• Red LED Console Lights
• Amber Turn Signals

Today i received my leds from ebay. They were 2 bucks and they look great. You cant really see
the difference in photos, but in person they look awesome. I also painted my indicator lights so
they look amber (redish orange) and not orange

img2161fd.jpg

img2164za.jpg

img2165if.jpg

img2166s.jpg

img2167d.jpg

img2168a.jpg

img2186c.jpg

img2182qr.jpg

img2177y.jpg

img2178r.jpg

Tkanis Vesar? very nice mods!!! ive done one myself on my wwing mirror recently, i will take a picture and post it for you to have an idea!! what part of greece you from by the way???

J

OP
OP
Vesar
Tkanis Vesar? very nice mods!!! ive done one myself on my wwing mirror recently, i will take a picture and post it for you to have an idea!! what part of greece you from by the way???

J

Yes i would like to see it, I live in thessaloniki. Do you live in greece?

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
This background reminds me of cyprus so much! :) even now there is a clear blue sky!
Nice touch with the heater lights!
Favourite word in greek is: καληνύχτα - just because i am so tired all the time! lol
img2178r.jpg

OP
OP
Vesar
This background reminds me of cyprus so much! :) even now there is a clear blue sky!
Nice touch with the heater lights!
Favourite word in greek is: καληνύχτα - just because i am so tired all the time! lol

Yeah greece and cyprus is pretty much the same. Hahaha :grinning: you know greek?

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Yeah greece and cyprus is pretty much the same. Hahaha :grinning: you know greek?
My "παππού" (i think that's right lol) Was completely Greek cypriot. born in a small village and moved to the UK when he was in his 20's.
so have cypriot family out there :)
But can hardly speak/write greek only the basics like beer, morning, goodnight, thankyou, and ok which kind of sounds like "a-taxi" lol

OP
OP
Vesar
My "παππού" (i think that's right lol) Was completely Greek cypriot. born in a small village and moved to the UK when he was in his 20's.
so have cypriot family out there :)
But can hardly speak/write greek only the basics like beer, morning, goodnight, thankyou, and ok which kind of sounds like "a-taxi" lol

Yep thats right, thats really nice for you. Hahah i didnt even know that it sounds like a-taxi :laugh:
Have you ever been to greece for vacations or whatever?

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Yep thats right, thats really nice for you. Hahah i didnt even know that it sounds like a-taxi :laugh:
Have you ever been to greece for vacations or whatever?
Have been to Cyprus for the last 3 years in a row for 2 weeks at a time... there is some pictures on here of the march's we found over there. :)
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/40153-JDM-cars-from-Cyprus?

very lovely weather/food. everyone is so much nicer over there than here :(

I vesar, ive just taken a picture of one of my wing mirror in the dark, as you can there is a large LED which is a bright light and works well, ill take another picture during the day to see it more clearly..

DSCN2923.jpg

J

OP
OP
Vesar
I vesar, ive just taken a picture of one of my wing mirror in the dark, as you can there is a large LED which is a bright light and works well, ill take another picture during the day to see it more clearly..

J

Thats awesome mate! You gave me some thoughts hmm...

OP
OP
Vesar
NEW PICTURES!!!!

I know the car is SUPER EXTRA FILTHY dirty but i didnt have much time to wash it. So here are the pictures of the new mods

•Carbon eye lids
•New Fulda Ecocontrol 165x60 tyres
•JDM stickers ;)
•Carbon bits

97796741.jpg

img3391custom.jpg

img3393custom.jpg

img3392custom.jpg

img3395custom.jpg

img3399custom.jpg

img3397custom.jpg

img3398custom.jpg

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
The windows switches are cool how did you get them out to cover them? ive currently covered the hood that goes over my instrument cluster with that stuff and it looks pretty good and ive just done the tacho pod for when i install it, i might need to pinch a few of your ideas, ive got some serious LED's in my car and im liking your idea of the LED's inside door handles..

OP
OP
Vesar
The windows switches are cool how did you get them out to cover them? ive currently covered the hood that goes over my instrument cluster with that stuff and it looks pretty good and ive just done the tacho pod for when i install it, i might need to pinch a few of your ideas, ive got some serious LED's in my car and im liking your idea of the LED's inside door handles..

I cut pecies of carbon fiber and fitted them in without taking them off. You can also take them off by removing the handle cover
and then 3-4 screws in the back that holds the whole assembly. Yeah i wanted to do the hood of the cluster too.

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
ahh i might give that a go later, and the hood of the speedos comes in two parts once unscrewed so i just did the slope and left the lip at the top and it looks really really good :)

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
Not just yet as im at work but ill get one when i jump in my car and post it when i get home :) in my personal opinion it looks good :) I should be fitting my rev counter this weekend and i have covered the pod in it aswell to match :p