Facelift driving lights!!!

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
well, i got fed up with having front fog lights for my '98 facelift and not getting much chance to use them as there's not really that much fog and i don't believe in using them as 'chav' lights (on all the time).
i noticed that switching them on with main beam made a slight difference to visibility:), but switching them on and off when a car came the other way was annoying.:(
so i fitted a non f/fog light stalk, wired the fog circuit into the main beam and removed the cap from inside the fog lights that covered the bulbs that helps keep them 'dipped'.
hey presto, now i have genuine nissan driving lights that come on with main beam:D. although i may wire up a seperate switch to 'alert' other drivers that they are driving with their fogs on when it's not foggy. ;)

02022008014.jpg

02022008018.jpg

02022008020.jpg

02022008024.jpg

also, i've taken pictures to do a guide if anyone wishes me to do one.

OP
OP
Swiper

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
What are you doing with the fogs that have come off?

the fog lights have been modified to work as driving lights. i've not changed them.
the only thing i have spare now is the front fog light stalk, but i don't think i'm going to sell that, as i can convert them back to fog lights if i need to.

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
I'd love to get some driving lamps wired up to my main beam, but I don't have a facelife k11 :(
If I were to get a Super S bumper with the fogs in and do along the lines of the same thing, would it work?

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Are the bulb housings ok to use as driving lights rather than fog lights?

I wanted to swap super s driving lights to fog lights but couldn't due to the housing or something along those lines..

OP
OP
Swiper

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Are the bulb housings ok to use as driving lights rather than fog lights?

I wanted to swap super s driving lights to fog lights but couldn't due to the housing or something along those lines..

fog lights are like a dipped beam, that's why it's easy to convert a fog light to driving light on mine due to the cap over the bulb not letting light from the bulb travel forwards and the shape of the reflector keeps the beam dipped.
you'd need to make the driving light into a dipped fog light, and that'd be quite difficult.

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Where do you stand from an MOT / Law point of view? Driving with the driving lights on?

Err well its exactly the same as a super s / sr! You can have as many lights for main beam as you like, it doesn't make any difference as no-one should ever see them in theory!

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
I'd love to get some driving lamps wired up to my main beam, but I don't have a facelife k11 :(
If I were to get a Super S bumper with the fogs in and do along the lines of the same thing, would it work?

you do have a facelift, and your fogs could be converted to main beam, or after market lights could be fitted. a super s bumper won't fit but the facelift bumper will

lol just noticed when you posted that :D