Face Lift K11 1.0 idle control speed effort thingy...

SplanK

Site Supporter
hiya,
Just wondering if anybody could tell me where the idle control screw is on the 1.0 K11 face lift and if there was any procedure to adjusting it (IE on my primera i have to put the ECU into a certain mode to adjust things such as idle control, ignition timing...)

Ta

Zephyr

Ex. Club Member
hmmm u mean u want to change what rev's the car idles at? if so follow the accel cable n it goes on top of engine to throttle body theres a mounting thing with the cable n 2 nuts clamped on each side to hold it in place just slacken nuts then move the nuts(ie screw second nut on more for more higher revs or less cant remember) to how much idle u want etc...dont have to play with the ecu its just like if u were restin foot on the pedal theres also a screw for the butterfly which basically does same thing but if i remember its not really meant to b adjusted but done via the throttle cable...well this is my 2p

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
do not adjust the cable tigntness to set the idle rpm, that will never work, and is potentially dangerous.

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
there's an idle adjuster screw located on the thottle housing on the rear corner (brake fluid reservoir side), it's a 5 or 6mm allen key. it really needs to have the nissan consult plugged in really, but you can do it by ear.

OP
OP
S

SplanK

Site Supporter
Zephyr said:
hmmm u mean u want to change what rev's the car idles at? if so follow the accel cable n it goes on top of engine to throttle body theres a mounting thing with the cable n 2 nuts clamped on each side to hold it in place just slacken nuts then move the nuts(ie screw second nut on more for more higher revs or less cant remember) to how much idle u want etc...dont have to play with the ecu its just like if u were restin foot on the pedal theres also a screw for the butterfly which basically does same thing but if i remember its not really meant to b adjusted but done via the throttle cable...well this is my 2p

I hope you dont adjust it that way... as Ed says - that is very dangerous..

The only way to adjust the idle is the idle screw... it has ball all to do with the ECU..

I am about to buy a consult cable and software for my primera (although how much use this will have when i get a GReddy Emanage ultimate i dont know!) - however the face lift Micra os OBDii and it completley different but I am going to do it by ear (car has no rev counter) - should not be to hard - only needs to be upped a touch