exploded cv joint!!!

waw ive had the cv joint explode on me, it pi***D me off somethink rotten.
i had to push my car into halfords so i thought i would ask i they sold them and guess what his reponse was..... no guesses lol well it was " whats one of those, is it for a pedal bike" i couldnt believe it so when i explained he replies " well you better hurry up because theres a maximum stay of 2 hours and if your still there working on it we WILL clamp you. i was like but im buying another jack and axle stands just to do the work so i can move it and his answer was so what. The cheeky sod so i put the tools back and phoned my brothers partner for a tow and all he could do was laugh (my brothers partner)..

anybody else had a bad experience with halfords.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Some of them are helpful, some of them are clueless. If anything was seriously wrong with my car, Halfrauds is the last place i'd go.

i know i never go there but i was driving past and i exploded right outside the shop so i had to push the car into the car park off the road because it was a mian road and double yellows and the road is used by artics all day long lol.... i was just hoping that was all but what got me was their attitude towards customers.

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
halfords mainly know nothing especially the one in county oak arnold lol you get the regular till jockey having no clue what is what! in my opinion they are just asda workers in orange... :D

Robb

Site Supporter
You get ppl like that everywhere but its no suprise you encountered it there, which halfords was it neil? Did your bro's partner tow it in the end or did he just laugh?

Just curoius did you notice any signs of it failing like a knocking noise or owt?

nah rob, there was no signs of it going, just the noice of complete failure as i loose all power lol (and of cause the bang) it was my brother and his partner that laughed lol. it was the halfords on the coventry road in birmingham. but hey hows its all sorted i had to replace the drive shaft as it twisted so im skint so cant by my wide arches or body kit lol

same here bg101 then i had them replaced then 6 weeks later this happened..:suspect:

BG[/QUOTE]

nexussteve

The reason you're happy!
I thought I was clueless, but every Halfords I've been in haven't had a clue at all.

That's what you get when you go to franchises.
Smaller parts shops FTW! :D

seriously i aint trying to run them down and give them a bad name because i aint like that i mean some stuff there spot on with like roof boxes and cd players, but anythink beyond plug n play kinda thing they get all stupid lol. i mean sometimes i reckon its worth talking to a brick wall then them but hey atleast there trying to help lol