Exhust and remap

Greggson do exhausts for Micra K12s ( http://www.greggson.co.uk/nissan-micra-k12-sport-exhaust-p-1168.html ) and that's the exhaust I originally used before I adapted it to a 3 inch muffler and straight pipes. As for maps there are none for any petrol Micra K12s, only the 1.5 DCi model has a map. Your best bet is a custom map, but I don't know of any tuners who will take on such a job as they will first have to actually decode and essentially 'hack' the ecu so that they can adjust and tune it, or something to that effect. Point is that its not a 2 hour job.

As for the decat part of your exhaust, just cut the mid-section cat off and replace it with a straight pipe which is then welded on in its place. I went to the wrecker's and found a scrap exhaust pipe that i cut up and then slid onto the old exhaust where the catalytic converter was. Sounds maaaaaad :D

ace4e8ca7a836e937df8a331e140e321_uploadfromtaptalk.jpg

These ones

Yep, either of those ones will work :) there's also one with a single exhaust pipe that comes out of the middle of the rear bumper instead of the two. The main thing is just getting the backbox in the right place as the exhaust pipe bends up and over the rear subframe. If you just cut the exhaust pipe as close to the back of the muffler as possible you can pretty much make any muffler fit :D

I've had mine done for almost 2 and a half years and haven't had to do anything. However I do live on the Isle of Man and so there is no regular MOT test for cars :D it looks like tests in the UK are done on a regular basis and so I honestly doubt you'd get away with it ...

Back