Exhausts Diameters?

now then lads im tryin to fit a turbo to my wreck of a micra and was wondering what size pipe you lot run on your exhaust for A)the mainfold and B)the actual exhaust pipe?
Now i know it dont matter how big you go really well except for weight i suppose but who ever worries bout that but how small can you go without back pressure problems ive got a load of scrap lenghts of stainless that would make some tidy pipes but i think they may be a bit puny as there only 2" inner diameter?

frank

Club Member
the mani dia is,nt really important, but from the turbo back needs to be as big as possible

now then lads im tryin to fit a turbo to my wreck of a micra and was wondering what size pipe you lot run on your exhaust for A)the mainfold and B)the actual exhaust pipe?
Now i know it dont matter how big you go really well except for weight i suppose but who ever worries bout that but how small can you go without back pressure problems ive got a load of scrap lenghts of stainless that would make some tidy pipes but i think they may be a bit puny as there only 2" inner diameter?
My turbo had no problem spooling half a bar instantly with a standard exhaust including the secondary cat. 2" is plenty.