Exhaust question

Forgive me if this has been posted a million times, but I've got a 2002 k11 and every performance exhaust I've seen PLR, Ashley etc only seem to fit 92-00 k11s? Can anybody tell me what the difference is ? I have a cg10 coilpack...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

frank

Club Member
the coilpack mani is slightly shorter mate, you could fit the pre 2000 mani and cat

DSCF0345.JPG

OP
OP
IrishK11
That's the only difference then? So once I fit the manifold from a pre2000 I can fit a plr? Want to unleash the full potential of my 1.3 cams and ga intake :)

frank

Club Member
That's the only difference then? So once I fit the manifold from a pre2000 I can fit a plr? Want to unleash the full potential of my 1.3 cams and ga intake :)

yes :) you could fit the plr to your cat, but it makes it hang low (downpipe antiroll bar contact)

OP
OP
IrishK11
Well I'm picking up my 1.3 engine today ( purely for the cams) out of a 00 so might rob the Mani while I'm there!

Custom stainless one was 280 fitted for me... Or, ive got a PLR equivalent system fitted, which knocks on front the ARB so in fitting a pre 2000 mani and cat this weekend which should fix it :) will let you know

Custom stainless one was 280 fitted for me... Or, ive got a PLR equivalent system fitted, which knocks on front the ARB so in fitting a pre 2000 mani and cat this weekend which should fix it :) will let you know
That's pretty cheap. Thanks for the info price wise. Where from.

OK, the manifolds have been swapped over and no more knocking on the front ARB :)
Not quite as easy as just swapping manifolds though, you need to swap the lambda sensors and take the lambda nut of the pre 2000 manifold and put it into the facelift lambda sensor for it to fit....
Fairly easy if the threads weren't seized, but chances are they will be

OP
OP
IrishK11
Well my exhaust plan will have to go on hold :( went to collect my 1.3 lump to discover it was a 1.0 and in awful state too. Car had been so badly crashed it broke the engine mount...back to the search for cams before I do the exhaust