Exhaust Merring ?

Hi All, Today I started to hear what sounded like a merring from the exhaust after I may have hit either a speed bump or a pothole in the road at speed. Also I have a creaking sound coming from the passenger side wheel when turning right at slow speeds ? Can anyone help with either of these problems. Thanks Peter0003

I can't find what a merring sound is Sorry english is not my first language.
But the creaking sound could be the cv joint starting to wear out

Enviado do meu MI 8 através do Tapatalk

OP
OP
Peter0003
Hi Jorge EETC Merring sound is like a faint rattling coming from the exhaust aera on left hand side of car. My K11 is right hand drive.

Dooink, I'm feeling stupid

My Micra also has a rattling sound from the exhaust just at certain rpm, and found that comes from the heat shields from the lower cat.

Your rattling is always rattling ?

Enviado do meu MI 8 através do Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Peter0003
Thank you Nissan boy, It's always nice to hear from you as your knowledge is always better than most. And the heat sheild rattle can only be heard at low rev's and the creak is only heard pulling away turning right on a slop.

Thank you Nissan boy, It's always nice to hear from you as your knowledge is always better than most. And the heat sheild rattle can only be heard at low rev's and the creak is only heard pulling away turning right on a slop.
Yeah normallt rhe clamps goes on the down pipe or the bracket on the pipe snaps
The two front mani sheilds corrode

Those are the main ones

Other maybe a return spring or worn pin on the gear selector

And yeah stationary or moving slow they do creak abit
Mostly off age/ wear but even some decent condition ones still do it

Sent from my LM-Q630 using Micra Sports Club mobile app