K10 Tuner
hi all.

ive been doing a bit of tinkering with exhausts AGAIN, ill never learn lol

right when i bought my car it was fitted with the standard manifold
10082010013.jpg

absolute pants.

however i had a plan, i had hidden away in the shed this
10082010014.jpg

this was soon fitted and the secont un-necessary cat bypassed.

but still i longed for a proper breathing engine like i had in my k10 (r.i.p)

so i hatched another plan, i bought a fubar 1st cat ;-) but that still wasnt enough,

while sorting some stuff in the shed i stumbled across these

Image327.jpg

so i thought hummm.

then that was it i had a plan in my head, nothing was going to get in my way, and to make a propper job of it i made this

Image332.jpg

then is snowballed from there, (i think this is the only project ive done to date where ive half documented its progress, lol)

first there was 1

Image326.jpg

and then there were 2

Image328.jpg

and what follow 2, yep you got it 3

Image329.jpg

and finally 4

Image330.jpg

all tacked up

then i split it down and welded the pipes up

Image331.jpg

tidied the welds up with a flappy disk in the grinder and welded it back together.

i have no on the bench pics, but here are a few on the car pics

10082010015.jpg

10082010016.jpg

10082010017.jpg

i think it certainly looks better than the stock. and it out performs it in every single way too.

thanks for reading

Scott

solarice

Ex. Club Member
not a bad mini project :)

it sound any different?...you say it out performs, so i guess the increase is noticable. Thought it should be mind :)

OP
OP
superls

superls

K10 Tuner
excellent scott (Y) like the cube one but bigger eh :cool:

thanks frank, is the cube one like this then? i forget the internal pipe measurement, but the pipe and fittings are 1 1/4 pipe, just checked and the internal measurement of the pipe is 35mm

not a bad mini project :)

it sound any different?...you say it out performs, so i guess the increase is noticable. Thought it should be mind :)

cheers, the sound is a little different, but the entire system is stock bar the decats, for now that is lol
yes by out performs i mean there are very noticable gains, accross the board, its goined more low down grunt then top end, but its a commuter car so thats what im after, i can upll into fast lane at 70mph in 5th and dump the throttle and it picks up really well, to the extent that the nose noticibly comes up.

OP
OP
superls

superls

K10 Tuner
yea quite similar, and a really small bore, the way there shaped leads me to believe that there equal length too, and quite long.

where as mine are more direct, but the lengths arent that unequal on mine to be honest.

OP
OP
superls

superls

K10 Tuner
well you might be onto something there, the jigs there, i made notes of all the pipe lengths and elbow angles, i have templates of the flanges, if wouldnt be that difficult to reproduce.

i think its a supply and demand thing, if people demand then i might be tempted to supply, lol.

well you might be onto something there, the jigs there, i made notes of all the pipe lengths and elbow angles, i have templates of the flanges, if wouldnt be that difficult to reproduce.

i think its a supply and demand thing, if people demand then i might be tempted to supply, lol.

Hi Superls

I think that given a price, people will bite your arm off for one of these.
Nice work

Malcolm

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
i would be in for one
1.r-reg-sr
any more takers to let superls know how much intrest their is and a price can be sorted

thats a point it normally sits where all the gas merges ??

I think the lambda is normal on the downpipes, so it gets gases from a mixture of the cylidners. where one pipes it will only be from that single cylider.

Wouldn't really matter if your car is running right :). And yes lovely mani you made there!!

ming

frank

Club Member
the janspeed one is mounted where only 2 pipes merge, so it would only be relevant if injector # 3 was faulty eh

. how much for a manifold, very interested. where can you get a cube tubular one and did it make a large difference? is it better than janspeed

regards

Micka

davey1991

If its not scrubbing, its not low enough.
You make it look so easy i really would consider one of these, especially if you'd be making them cheaper than the Janspeed ones.