Exhaust manifold cat removed!

Decided to empty the contents of my cat while I'm fitting a new engine and it's taken off!

Safety 1st lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346434275.342653.jpg

Next the manifold!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346434301.574697.jpg

Contents!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346434335.652401.jpg

Less contents!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346434361.000800.jpg

Emptied and buffed a little!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346434394.674946.jpg

I'll refit this on monday and let you know how it goes :)

Pepper

I have a knocked out cat and then had a centre section with the silecncer cut out! really raspy, manages to upset the peugeot lot with therir expensive pugsports :p she also flames and have video evidence ;) well worth the little amount it actually costs!

Yes it will unless you take it to someone who bodges the emissions. Pulls better and revs more freely, a nice rasp too! Also love it when I get it to flame :)

When I restore my phone later I will whack on the video, just gotta learn what gets the exhaust to pop and bang and eventually she will blow!

The car does have to be warmed right up. I have only just got my phone back with the video on, nice foot long flame out the back :p all I did was keep it held at quite high revs, then blip it, turn it off, let the revs drop right down and flick it back on and it will ignite all the waste fuel it dropped into the exhaust, looks the mutts nutts if you get it right! Find somewhere out the way to practice, it does take a while to learn, I wasn't even expecting it to happen, I was just messing round and it scared the **** out of me and my mates haha :')

Yes I don't know of any cars that have passed without a functioning first cat
What about people with a 4 branch ???

As far as I am aware, there isn't anyone here that doesn't have to faff around to some degree come MOT time but most people run standard ecus with various bolt-ons.

We pass without problems but that's because the car is setup properly. The original Nissan Motorsport kits with 256deg cams, Janspeed exhaust system and Pectel ecus all passed easily......

its basically about whether or not the people you take the car to for the mot put the emissions tester up their table leg or not really...

its basically about whether or not the people you take the car to for the mot put the emissions tester up their table leg or not really...

I am sure some people do that to avoid having to faff around removing their mods, put the standard stuff back on, sit the MOT and then remove and fit it all back again. Much simpler to set the car up properly or, as you say, do the old switcharoo with the nearest leg :p

https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/..._=1352259626_8bd353fca3b0e0f81c1108b58ab7bf73

That's a link to the video of my micra firing one out :) don't worry it's no virus :')

An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #50.4e9b7b5c.1352269599.2e3e0ea6 :(

Yeah we weren't expecting it to do it. We had done it a couple of times before but still made him jump :p standard backbox, straight through centre section and hollowed out manifold cat! . Total cost 35, the fun you have, priceless :p

haha to be fair I cant talk, one of my mates Fiesta ST's pop flames and he done it in a multi story and the bang and the echo was HUGE! wasnt expecting it to be so loud :D haha So all you've done is hollow out the standard cat? :p

Yeah those st's are mental with omex! Yeah and the silencer/cat in the middle section got cut out and re welded. Was a pleasant surprise how mad it sounds haha.

The thing that I would warn against is that the cat is an absolute pig to get off if you don't know what your doing, luckily my dad showed me how to get the rear upside down bolt out using a spanner and a pry bar. I'm lucky enough to have a ramp in my garage that I used, but I wouldn't want to have to do it led on the floor. I'm happy I did it but it's down to whether or not you could sort out the mot :p

I wouldnt have a clue what to do, not gonna lie! haha but my uncle is a mechanic (who is helping me with whatever else I do with the micra) so he might help :p yeah having no access to a ramp is a bit of a pain :p Ill talk to him about it and so what he thinks about it :D

The main reason I did it was because I'm too poor to buy a 4-2-1 manifold at the moment, but in the futur I will replace the empty cat for the better flow of a 4-2-1

Do the bottle cat inside just lift out or does it need smashing up?
Mine desn't look melted like that one, does that mean it won't restrict flow as much?

Back