Exactly where are the door light switches ?

somersetk1

Ex. Club Member
sorry if im being stpuid, what you mean by door pins? ive had my door cards off soo many time might be able to help
what are you tryin to achieve?

OP
OP
C

Charlotte001

Ex. Club Member
The small pins which activate the interior light. Normally they're on the side of the doors or in the A frames so they close when the door is closed, on my K10 they aren't where i'd expect them. I'm guessing they're integrated onto the door hinges.

Charlotte

somersetk1

Ex. Club Member
hmm thats a very good question cant help i am afraid on that one, is you interior light not coming on? i know this sounds simple have u tried changing the bulb, the one from the boot light(rhs in the boot) is that same size

OP
OP
C

Charlotte001

Ex. Club Member
No the light is coming on I need to connect the car alarm to the pins for door protection. Thanks I'll lock at the B post tomorrow.

charlotte

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
B pillar? isnt that the passenger one next to the windscreen? If you open up either door, they'd be on the car itself at the bottom, towards the back corner. Its a small black rubber thing which you can press in and out, doing so will make the interior light flicker on and off. You need to wire your alarm into these.

The datsun has them, so no reason why any other K10 wont - i dont think they're optional!

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Cheers Mat. Always thought A and B referred to driver and passenger front ones! lol :) im sure that's what someone told me anyway

I though the PINS were the door hinge pins...but these are oviously not electrical....is it a microswitch you are ataching or just a single/pair of wire ends?

PINS being the parts that wear out on the K10 and cause the doors to drop often

Baz

Ex. Club Member
I though the PINS were the door hinge pins...but these are oviously not electrical....is it a microswitch you are ataching or just a single/pair of wire ends?

PINS being the parts that wear out on the K10 and cause the doors to drop often

Sorry for being off topic. . .but can you get new replacement pins?

OP
OP
C

Charlotte001

Ex. Club Member
I'm refering to the curtousy light switches. Got to get some wire to exend the alarm wires to connect to the light switch pins. Thanks for the advice though on the hinge pins wearing out.

Charlotte