• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Everleys M10 Blog

Ok so im gonna start a blog on my work on my K10 as i turn it from a standerd k10 1.0l to a matt black / green k10 :alien: Mainly focusing on looks but with a nice little bit under the hood not changeing it but upgrading it,

So heres where i am at the moment,

The guy who had it before me removed the window and didn't seal ot correctly leading to rust all the way through so i need a new tailgate

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/K10Everley/Tailgate.jpg

also istall my ICE once i get it but i have my sub for now

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/K10Everley/PIC_0088.jpg

I have my 17" on here for now after a little rolling and tinkering but they were cheap of a mate so thats why there on (i didn't buy them new just for this car, im not that stupid)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/K10Everley/PIC_0083.jpg

More pics to come from under the bonnet and the whole car, any thoughts on what to do and any help with where to get body kits e.g bumpers etc. would be apriciated.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/K10Everley/Micra.jpgEverley.

All images exceed forum limits of 800x600

Corker Everly!

Looking forward to developments on this one....

...I kind of like the red AND black spray in.....

maximum beef!! (thats what I say)

Micra 110

Site Supporter
youse is on a roll now....mod! mod! mod!!! (Y)

you could fix the Tailgate with some Chemical metal after curing the rust....?

curtis

Ex. Club Member
i have some green/black rear door cards which would go with this car! they are the original k10 super (not super s) cards? ill post a pic later if you interested?

OP
OP
Everley
yeah sure post up a pic, nah its real cheap for me to get a tailgate soits easyier, and does anyone know the best way to clean inside your arches, hubs and engine (i use gunk on the engine but its not stronge enough, Iyts never been cleaned).

Micra.jpg
Everley.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
yeah sure post up a pic, nah its real cheap for me to get a tailgate soits easyier, and does anyone know the best way to clean inside your arches, hubs and engine (i use gunk on the engine but its not stronge enough, Iyts never been cleaned).

Micra.jpg
Everley.

leave the gunk on over night!

Micra 110

Site Supporter
Arches are best done with a Hose pipe and a hard brush to get rid of the Mud etc let it dry then follow up with the wire brush, then slap on some Waxoyl by Brush or Spray. Spray is alot better because it gets into places you can't with a Brush and Brushing will leave Brush stroke marks and may not cover efficiently as the Spray but will still work ok.

OP
OP
Everley
cheers for the advise guys, ok so now i have another problem on the beast lol.:alien:

The revs drop then raise then it splutters and just manages to stop stalling, im thinking dizzy cap is anyone else???
and on sunday im getting my mate whos a mechanic to help do a engine clean/service/change the thrust bearing, all for a ten pack.:upside:

Micra.jpg
Everley.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
It's most likely electrical, but could be the Dizzy rather than the cap. Clean/change the cap & rotor arm first and go from there

OP
OP
Everley
Hey guys im gonna put green led's in the grill tonight.... any legal complications with that????, and im getting a new boot, pics to come soon.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Yes, they're not white! so they'l be a illegal.. probably not that hard to do though

James

Chairman
So long as they're only switched on off the road I can't imagine you'd have a problem, trigger happy police may pull you if they're on while driving though.

OP
OP
Everley
ok as promised here's some pics, first the grill there those prism leds i drilled a holes in the middle and then linked them direct to the battery via a fused wire with a green (lights up green when on) switch which i need to put in the dash.

grill.jpg

And heres the new boot on just needs abit of filler to cover up some dents then spray it, after taking the nissan micra sticker off.

boot.jpg

Any Comments?????

OP
OP
Everley
OK update,
the tints are done, and the green in-arch kits installed give the car a nice little glow, other than the new tailgate on and painter with 2 coats thats it just needs more coats and the spoiler on, all i need now is clear lac and a foah body kit, once i get a new job cos i got fired cos i told my new boss to "shut up and #### off", guess im in squaddie mode still. afew pics . . . . . . .

Rearnew.jpg

Rearleft.jpg

frontnew.jpg

frontlower.jpg

hissyfizzy

Ex. Club Member
Who did your paint working? they need shooting I can see if was a red car because if you look at the head lights at each corner there is red. Green it would have look awesome but black eeeew no don't like matt black cars home painted

OP
OP
Everley
i did the work myself hissy with a rattle-can lol so i'll just jump off this cliff that i happen to be ontop of, its all work in progress untill i get a job.

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
Who did your paint working? they need shooting I can see if was a red car because if you look at the head lights at each corner there is red. Green it would have look awesome but black eeeew no don't like matt black cars home painted

But thats just your opinion!

Love the matt black look personally! Good stuff there Everley!

Did you get the tints done or do them yourself? Only asking as im looking into getting my rears done but lack funding to get a professional job done to all!