euro k10

C

clubby_rs

after much looking at german sites ive decided not to do 17s on ak10 just yet instead im doing euro styleee, ive sourced some 6x13 alley cat old skool alloys with a et of 13!!! so will sit level with the arch, but on the lowering side of things i can only find 35mm lowering springs?? is there 50mm or 60mm springs for a k10?? or am i gonna have to get mr grinder and mr bump stop out with a 35 to 60 at min drop?

35mm drop slammed my k10, going any lower would mean changing the dampers and it would be silly low.

not the best quality pic but you see what i mean.

Attachments

• DSCI0111.JPG
    DSCI0111.JPG
    425.5 KB · Views: 3,870
you can get -40mm springs from POTN and demon theives i believe or goto 2modified.com and check them out if its not listed call john and he'll sort you out a good deal ;)

If your offset is that big you will have rubbing in some odd places - the voice of bitter experience! After bending the rim of the rear arches back, I found the tyres were grounding on the inside of the arch so I guess bump stops are needed there. I left my front arches as they're a bit on the rotten/filler side & if I hit a large pothole, especially if the wheels are turned, the sidewalls rub on the arch liners.

Not saying it's hard work to sort, just expect problems in odd places. The above paragraph is the result of a couple of frustrated months not being able to work out the exact problem!!

Sounds all good though, have fun :)

my wheels dont rub, i've had 4 people in the car and its never rubbed, never had 5 though in this one.

and i havnt put in any after market bump stops :)

Mark, your wheels don't have a silly offset! Mine sit level with the edge of the arch & it's only really the ridiculous camber on the wheels from lowering that makes them usable! They were in almost constant contact with the lip on the rear arch with just me in the car before I got my hammer out and now if it's loaded they rub the inside arch about 1-2mm up from the edge of the archway.

Back