Estate car recommendations...

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
Hey guys and girls, I'm trying to help my work colleague pick out an estate car... his budget is about £3,000 and would prefer a mileage under 80,000

Anyway... Vauxhall and Peugeot are out of the question... so my thoughts were:

- Skoda Octavia Estate
- Volkswagen Polo/Passat Est.
- Ford Focus Est.
- BMW Touring Est.
- Citroen Xantia Est.

I think diesel would be best but he doesn't really mind.

Thanks

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Why is Volvo not in the list - the are the kings of boxes on wheels!

Is age a problem? If not, then the, the 7-series are the biggest, but a V70 classic is a very nice car indeed.
Craig

lewic

Ex. Club Member
My folks had a ride in a Skoda Octavia taxi recently which had done nearly 400,000 miles, so probably a good bet.

Almera? Reliable, and no cambelt to worry about.

Pete

Site Supporter
Why a no for pugs but the citroen xantia is on the list? the xantia is as good (pants) as the 307 sw.

Though to be fair I drive 307's and the new focus at work (blue lights fancy uniforms etc...) and there's not 'that' much in them, and the pugs have done the job nicely. The finish on the new focus is starting to show signs of premature wear already.

Demarest

Ex. Club Member
Subaru Legacy? (touring wagon)
they start from around 1k with high miles and a lower mileage one from around 2,500

magpie

Buy & Sell Member
Hello currently selling my celica GT4 to put me into an estate car

my recomendations would be one of the following as these are what i am looking at

subaru legacy GT-B manual (280 bhp 4wd twin turbo)

mitsubishi Legnum (galant estate)

nissan stagea (basically an estate skyline)

google all those for specs and pics I would think none of those would dissapoint ;-)

hope the above is of use

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Bah, get yourself a V70 T5 - forged bottom end and a much nicer interior than anything Jap - you'll get heated seats too ;)

OP
OP
Gurpreet

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
cheers guys but i missed those ones off the list as they didnt come to mind at the time.. it was early morning at my work desk.. coffee in hand.. anyway we went for the skoda fabia estate... cheers