Error Code P0113.

Hi,

Just a quick question about an error code on a Micra K12 2005-2006.

I get error code P0113, that shows as a problem with the Air Intake Temperature Sensor.

Where do I find that sensor on this vehicle, is it the throttle body as I cannot seem to find any reference to it as a separate unit?

Thanks,

Martin

It is integrated in the manifold pressure sensor. If you have the service manual it is page EC-153.
IAT.jpg

OP
OP
A
Hi Chris,

Thanks very much for the reply.

I only have the Haynes manual, unfortunately.

The MAP sensor has just been changed but the car still loses acceleration when it has warmed up, up to the point when it will not idle properly and requires a heavy right foot kick down to get some revs for a moment.

When cold it runs fine!

So the next best guess is the throttle body would you think, which has been cleaned?

Martin

OP
OP
A
Hi Chris,

Could you tell me where to get the service manual that you have for the K12, please?

I can only get a Haynes manual which is OK but not comprehensive in that it doesn't have the engine management wiring diagrams.8-((

Martin

Hi Chris,

Thanks very much for the reply.

I only have the Haynes manual, unfortunately.

The MAP sensor has just been changed but the car still loses acceleration when it has warmed up, up to the point when it will not idle properly and requires a heavy right foot kick down to get some revs for a moment.

When cold it runs fine!

So the next best guess is the throttle body would you think, which has been cleaned?

Martin
Hi just read your post seems a very similar problem to my wife's car. Thing is don't know what the problem is. The car runs fine when cold then as soon as it warms up and you put any pressure on the accelerator, management light comes on and the car doesn't want to go any gaster. You could drive round all day as long as you don't floor it. As far as idle running the revs are fine doesn't fluctuate. Any ideas then
Cheers

OP
OP
A
Hi Woody,

Have you managed to get a fault diagnosis code, that could be a help in identifying the problem?

Your local garage can do this for you or you could buy a tester which would then allow you to save money in the future.

They are available at around £30.

Without that code, it is impossible to say which sensor could be causing the problem but even then the code may be not that accurate a diagnosis but may help.

What model, year and cc is the car?

Mine turned out to be the Lamba sensor which was not showing up as faulty.

Martin

Hi Woody,

Have you managed to get a fault diagnosis code, that could be a help in identifying the problem?

Your local garage can do this for you or you could buy a tester which would then allow you to save money in the future.

They are available at around £30.

Without that code, it is impossible to say which sensor could be causing the problem but even then the code may be not that accurate a diagnosis but may help.

What model, year and cc is the car?

Mine turned out to be the Lamba sensor which was not showing up as faulty.

Martin
Hi Martin it's a 2005 micra 1.5 dci.
Had a diagnostics test came up as fuel starvation so not pinpointing to an exact fault. Read that it's possible it could be the throttle body control not sure though. See what I've noticed is that as soon as the car warms up and you apply pressure to the accelerator to either go up an hill or to say overtake the engine management light comes on and it won't go any faster, last night I was in third gear about 40mph wouldn't go any faster so I dropped it into second gear and accelerated it carried on accelerating up to red line so the problem seems intermittent. I've been told it could be the fuel pump, but I've also found out that a pump either works or doesn't. It's definitely something causing the problem when something relating to the car has warmed up
Cheers
Woody

OP
OP
A
Hi Woody,

Is that the MK1 or Mk2?

The MK1 had a problem with the throttle body, the MK2 much less so but it is an expensive part to replace even with a recon unit so save that until last.

The biggest problem with today's cars is the computerised management system which like windows does not always tell the truth when it comes to problems.8--((

One simple thing you can do is replace the MAF sensor, that is quite cheap and can be changed in a few minutes by yourself, or if you have a multimeter you can perform a test on the workbench using a hairdryer to check the hot readings.

After that, unfortunately, you may have to go down the route of replacing the 2 Lamba sensors one at a time and see if that makes any difference.

I replaced the MAF and the throttle body after getting advice from 2 garages, both were wrong as eventually the 1st Lamba sensor finally showed up as faulty.

This, of course, cost me quite a lot as a lot of people said it must be the throttle body, it wasn't!

When it refuses to accelerate any further what happens when you boot it, does it then accelerate through a flat spot as it did with me?

Martin

Hi Woody,

Is that the MK1 or Mk2?

The MK1 had a problem with the throttle body, the MK2 much less so but it is an expensive part to replace even with a recon unit so save that until last.

The biggest problem with today's cars is the computerised management system which like windows does not always tell the truth when it comes to problems.8--((

One simple thing you can do is replace the MAF sensor, that is quite cheap and can be changed in a few minutes by yourself, or if you have a multimeter you can perform a test on the workbench using a hairdryer to check the hot readings.

After that, unfortunately, you may have to go down the route of replacing the 2 Lamba sensors one at a time and see if that makes any difference.

I replaced the MAF and the throttle body after getting advice from 2 garages, both were wrong as eventually the 1st Lamba sensor finally showed up as faulty.

This, of course, cost me quite a lot as a lot of people said it must be the throttle body, it wasn't!

When it refuses to accelerate any further what happens when you boot it, does it then accelerate through a flat spot as it did with me?

Martin
When the car doesn't want to accelerate and your foots down to the bottom it still doesn't want to go, but sometimes not always if you sort of pump the accelerator so on and off then it can accelerate if that makes sense.Regarding mk 1 or Mk 2 it's a k12 05 plate

OP
OP
A
Hi Woody,

I believe that makes it the MK2 so I would ignore the throttle body for now.

I agree that the problem is one of fuel starvation but that can be due to the engine sensors reading wrong.

The trouble is which one or more than one!

So I am back to advising changing the lambda sensors one at a time or the better option is to replace them both as if one is faulty then it can cause the other to have errors or even fail completely.8-((

It is an expensive game trying to fix these problems when there is no clear evidence of the exact problem.

Taking it to the Main Dealer is ridiculously expensive so a local garage would be much cheaper.

Martin

Hi Woody,

I believe that makes it the MK2 so I would ignore the throttle body for now.

I agree that the problem is one of fuel starvation but that can be due to the engine sensors reading wrong.

The trouble is which one or more than one!

So I am back to advising changing the lambda sensors one at a time or the better option is to replace them both as if one is faulty then it can cause the other to have errors or even fail completely.8-((

It is an expensive game trying to fix these problems when there is no clear evidence of the exact problem.

Taking it to the Main Dealer is ridiculously expensive so a local garage would be much cheaper.

Martin
Cheers Martin by the way was yours petrol or diesel.

Also could you explain the lambda sensors and what their job is

Thanks

OP
OP
A
Hi Woody,

Mine is a 1.6 petrol.
As the engine heats up the sensors should change the fuel/air mixture to suit the engine temperature and the throttle position etc.

The MAP sensors, for example, has a variable resistance inside it, as the engine heats up the resistance drops so the signal to the computer laters and the engine responds in accordance with the signal and adjusts the engine performance.

If the sensor is not working correctly the wrong signal is sent confusing the power output of the engine by reducing the fuel flow.

Type of MAP sensor
This can happen in a similar way for all those types of sensors.

Further up this thread, you can see the position of the MASP sensor and what the readings with a multimeter should be.

This page shows the MAP and the first O2 (Lamba) sensor. The MAF sensor is on the next page,

https://www.sgpetchparts.co.uk/niss...ol-1.2-79-bhp/Lambda-Oxygen-Sensor-14285.html

The second O2 sensor is in the exhaust system after the manifold.

https://www.sgpetchparts.co.uk/niss...l-1.2--79-bhp/Lambda-Oxygen-Sensor-14756.html

Ignore the prices they are not that much unless you buy genuine parts.

I hope that helps a bit?

Martin