erratic throttle and stalling, power loss.

Hi,

New to this.

I have a 54 plate 1.2 Micra se K12.

I've been having the problem for a while now but it comes and goes.

basically when driving the car it goes lumpy with no power when you press the throttle. to the point it wont rev up and wont move. it does stall when stood as well. turn it on and off and it will give you one big rev and then same again. I've broke down twice in the last 2 says and had to be towed.

I have read through some things on Google and it looks quite common, but no real answers to sort the problem.

List of what i have done already:-

New plugs
different throttle body
new cam sensor
new crank sensor
cleaned every electrical sensor i could find
cleaned air box and new filter
blown out manifold
changed oil and filter
changed water and therostat

I read that they are common for a 'stretchy' timing chain. is this correct? But if the chain had stretched wouldn't the timing be out constantly? It sometimes runs fine for a few days then I'm pulled up on the roadside again.

It does seem to be worse when its a bit warmer if i'm honest.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Craig

I'm having the exact same issue but mine after losing power and juddering / missfire, when starting again it doesn't seem to be keen to start

So far I've had it in the garage 3 times and it's had a new timing chain and associated sensors, new spark plugs an new ht leads

All runs well for a couple of days then the problem happens again

I was thinking it was the throttle body but after reading this I wonder if it'll be something else, getting really frustrating as no one seems to know what's wrong with it and I am starting to fear driving it any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had similar problems with this lump of sh...Micra. We changed all kinds of stuff. Even emptied the ashtray. In the end it turned out to be the petrol pump on the sender unit. It was putting enough out to start the car, but after 5mins it would falter and stall. The pressure just wasn't enough...
Maybe you could try looking at that...

Back