EPS Power steering column, what ACTUALLY goes wrong?

Hello Jason @huttojb . Thank you for all information you provided on this forum. I have no relation to mechanics and relatively new driver but understand that My Micra’s 2004 PS issue is not an easy fix in the garage :( Also engine light started to come up after ignition switch on. I am not able to PM you as only registered now. But will give you more details after be able to PM. We are in South West atm . Thank you for reading

Hi Jason. Are you able to help me please! So ive had the PS light come on the dash board, I took it to a garage who removed the fault codes, but day later the faults popped up again and only thing positive in this is ive developed big biceps. are you able to help mate? its 2004 plate? Automatic. cheers in advance

huttojb

Club Member
EPS System Guru
Hi Jason. Are you able to help me please! So ive had the PS light come on the dash board, I took it to a garage who removed the fault codes, but day later the faults popped up again and only thing positive in this is ive developed big biceps. are you able to help mate? its 2004 plate? Automatic. cheers in advance
No problem, you have already messaged me so will give you my mob number

Hi Jason. Same problem as others, PS light on and heavy steering on my 2006 K12. I need to replace the EPS'
If you could help me I would be very grateful. I am in Teesside so cannot bring the car down there. Is it possible for you to get me a unit and send it to me?
James

huttojb

Club Member
EPS System Guru
Hi Jason. Same problem as others, PS light on and heavy steering on my 2006 K12. I need to replace the EPS'
If you could help me I would be very grateful. I am in Teesside so cannot bring the car down there. Is it possible for you to get me a unit and send it to me?
James
Hey.
At the moment James I’m struggling to get any decent units, I have someone waiting for a unit and everyone I interrogate it has previous faults within its life history.

I’ll drop you a message and send you my number, I have someone who has 15 units and wants me to buy as bulk rather then a few, I didn’t need any yet and was planning to buy 10 late March for other applications, I may have to suck it up!

I’ll drop you my number

Jason

Well, thought I'd give a little update on mine.... 4.5 years since Jason worked his magic on mine and it's still going strong! (albeit, failed MOT on some unrelated areas, going to try to keep her on the road for another year)

Hey.
At the moment James I’m struggling to get any decent units, I have someone waiting for a unit and everyone I interrogate it has previous faults within its life history.

I’ll drop you a message and send you my number, I have someone who has 15 units and wants me to buy as bulk rather then a few, I didn’t need any yet and was planning to buy 10 late March for other applications, I may have to suck it up!

I’ll drop you my number

Jason
Hi Jason,
I have the same problem with a 2005 1.2 S Automatic. Did you manage to get any units?

Hey.

I’ll drop you my number

Jason
Jason, Can you send me your number so I can get in touch please?
Cheers

huttojb

Club Member
EPS System Guru
Well, thought I'd give a little update on mine.... 4.5 years since Jason worked his magic on mine and it's still going strong! (albeit, failed MOT on some unrelated areas, going to try to keep her on the road for another year)
Lol. That’s brilliant. Glad it’s still plodding along. 4.5 years. Well that’s a long time.