enlarging wheel centre bore?

boyracergt

Ex. Club Member
basicly got some wheels for the k10 that fit perfectly except for the centre bore :( . on the fronts the actual ring the disc and wheel sit on is shallow enough not to cause problems wheel goes on level. unfortunately on the back this part is deeper so i cant get them to fit is there a way to enlarge the wheels centre bore slightly?. also another problem is when the wheels on you can turn the wheel a couple of mm before it turns the rest of the hub. i thinks its where the studs are a lot narrower than the holes. even with the nuts tight its still moving. the standard steels also do this but when you tighten the nuts up it stops. the alloys seem to have inserts in the stud holes should i try the standard steel wheel nuts as opposed to the alloy wheel nuts im using? and is this ok as they have inserts? cheers

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
I'm no expert but I'd NEVER use alloy wheel nuts. Alloy fatigues waaaaay sooner and easier than steel :eek:.

little-ls

Ex. Club Member
Credit to whoever told me, ive forgot:doh:, but using a flapper wheel drill attachment is able to grind out the centre bore and enlarge them. :)

Super S 1.5T

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
give them to an engineering place,

they'll bore it out perfectly
wouldn't cost that much too.
I had a set done for 20 quid.